Author Topic: Great Story Idea Needs Help Being Written  (Read 1873 times)

Offline 1941mopar

Great Story Idea Needs Help Being Written
« on: March 17, 2010, 08:54:47 PM »
I am looking for help putting a great story idea on paper. I am interested in everything from basic help getting started to someone else actually writing the story based on my idea.

Here's the skinny:

While going through some old papers after my mother died, I found approximately a dozen love letters written to my grandmother in early '30's. At the time, she would have been in high school in a small town in Northwest Pennsylvania.

What sets this theme apart from your basic "young love" story, is that at the time my grandmother was patient at an experimental and very controversial hospital that treated a variety of aliments including Diabetes, which she suffered from. The letters cover many months while she was at the hospital. I have done some research on the "hospital", and it would be a story in, and of itself (it's a real-life science fiction type place).

Besides the hospital, some of the interesting points within the letters include the boyfriend making several trips his "lizzy" (Ford Model T) the 100 + miles in bad Winter weather to see my grandmother. There are also mentions of all the school dances being missed, talk of plans after she was released and the activities she was missing. And, the innocence of a young lover not understanding the X's & O's that his girlfriend signed off with (particularly cute).

I have left out all info on the hospital and some of the details of the letters for obvious reason, I will gladly share them with the right person.

With a little imagination, I think anybody who read these letters and put them into perspective would immediately see the potential for a great story, just as I have.

If your interested in helping with or writing this story, or just want to discuss ideas, let me know, and we'll go from there.

Marty
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 08:59:04 PM by 1941mopar »

Offline evansw

Re: Great Story Idea Needs Help Being Written
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 01:55:25 PM »
I would like to help you write the stories about the romance that happened in the old days.

How should we start?

Thanks.

Evans