Author Topic: She didn't know she loved me  (Read 1002 times)

Offline Vienna

She didn't know she loved me
« on: February 17, 2010, 06:49:58 AM »
She didnít know she loved me

I entered this for the last poetry challenge in a different format obviously. Didnt win but got 5 votes. A few people here and on another site suggested I changed the format and made it a piece of microfiction. Well here it is............

she didnít know she loved me, but I could see it in her eyes all my love letters, smoke up the chimney, ashes in the grate, playing hard to get, changing her number, easy to find..... again answering machine turned off, mobile mailbox full, watching her now through the lace curtain, I wondered why she didnít know she loved me yet, she would soon get it, soon understand, the next text message, the two hundredth at least today would go unanswered as usual. She didnít know she loved me yet, but I could see it in her eyes flickering here and there, yearning to stay shut but taped open, seeing everything, pleading silently,  laughing I thought, "she canít come to the phone right now, sheís a bit tied up , gone away for a while",  now gone forever,  I closed her eyes for her, staring at me oddly, cheap little slut. SHE never knew she loved me but the next one will
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 02:02:17 PM by vienna »
Just a well-read punk peasant

Going to church makes you a christian as much as standing in a garage makes you a car!

Offline isa

Re: She didn't know she loved me
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 03:18:47 PM »
Hey, this is  one I voted for recently in a competition here.
I really liked it as a poem it made me chuckle. Still does.
All's fair in love and publicity.