Author Topic: Cheese  (Read 7207 times)

Offline Vienna

Re: Cheese
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2010, 09:03:09 AM »

as Leah says polite (as is my daughter) is good. too formal is a very odd thing these days. There is no wqay I would want my 16 year old daughter calling me "sir". Perish the thought.
Just a well-read punk peasant

Going to church makes you a christian as much as standing in a garage makes you a car!

Offline Victor

« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2010, 10:04:57 AM »
You shoudn't call Mr.Hugh "pops" like that. It sounds rude. :( And you shouldn't forget to put IMHO, as well. How do you know he 'deemed himself qualified enough' to pass judgement? That's your opinion, isn't it? ^^

Well I wasn’t being rude and that wasn’t my opinion about him passing judgments on my opinion- no, not at all, I was just stating the obvious….spotlighting the fact, if you will. I mean he didnt say that he thought what I said was meaningless bollocks…instead he says it IS meaningless bollocks…funny but I think I’d rather explain what I meant by perfection being a dead end than play the same card Mr. Hugh just discarded….Well for starters I happen to believe in the old postulate that every new language is a bastardization of an older one. The romance languages .viz French, Spanish, Italian etc. of Latin ; Urdu of Hindi and Arabic, Hindi of Sanskrit and Sanskrit itself of Persian; Polish, Russian Ukranian ..all of Old Proto-Slavic….a more accessible example being the American English- your prototypical British English ( which itself owes its origin to the Anglo-Saxonans and the Vikings and the Celts….yes, go reaserch) chewed, spit out and repeated by generations of countless colonists...the Germans and the Irish and the Italians and the Native Americans and the Blacks….  and now is it an exaggeration to say that everything the American Literarture boasts of… visionaries like he Hemingways and the Bukowskis and the realtivley recent, giants of global entertainment and enlightenment ….like the Hollywood, the Hip-Hop messiahs, the Stephen kings and the John grishams… to say that they all owe their creations to a bunch of 17th century Germans or Africans who kept mispronouncing or misspelling a particular word? Now I wouldn’t jump the gun and say that your “waz” or “wuz” is going to create a new variant of English, much less a new language…but the point is- you never know… point is, if the ancient speakers of Latin have all been sworn purists there wouldn’t be any French or Spanish today. If you want to build a new, more aesthetic mansion in the place of an old one you gotta bulldoze the old one first or atleast start by tearing down the roofs …point is, chaos is the only ticket to progress; mopping your ancient treasures is not … and sure you can go back and apply my statement to any other aspect of humanity and marvel at how constant it stays… because no matter what be your frame of reference…it always will be constant, just like the speed of light.

wheew that went long.... ;D
And I gave my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly: I perceived that this also is vexation of spirit. -ECCLESIASTES 1:17

Offline Marie Meyers

• Lexi 💋
    • meyermariea
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2010, 05:05:49 PM »
Yeah....that went long alright. You always have really long explanations. ^^ But they make sense, so that's okay. And if my "waz" (not "wuz", without the "a" it isn't "was") started a new language, there'd be alot of Z's. ^^  :P
💋✌🎶

Offline Sleepy Sally

« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2010, 12:48:20 PM »
this is totally like one of those children songs when they're playing in a circle.
The rhymes make it sound like such.
its kind of cool hahahah
;)

Offline isa

« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2010, 02:03:14 PM »
I enjoyed your nonsense poem Alexis.
All's fair in love and publicity.

Offline Marie Meyers

• Lexi 💋
    • meyermariea
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2010, 11:03:06 PM »
I enjoyed your nonsense poem Alexis.
this is totally like one of those children songs when they're playing in a circle.
The rhymes make it sound like such.
its kind of cool hahahah

I like my nonsense poem 2! and thanks! glad u liked it!!!
💋✌🎶

Kyle

« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2010, 08:21:35 PM »
I'm 19 but after reading this I feel 91.  Perhaps when I'm 20 I'll feel like I'm 02.  Ah who am I kidding? 

Offline Marie Meyers

• Lexi 💋
    • meyermariea
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2010, 10:15:34 PM »
Um, thanks I think. :)
💋✌🎶

Offline darrellj

• My dream is to write like pollock painted.
« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2010, 06:07:08 PM »
The cheap Parmisan Cheese that comes in the little round tubs has a flavour that reminds me of the after taste you get after throwing up.
pretend your talking to someone educated in the Penal system,
In fact don't pretend.

Offline Marie Meyers

• Lexi 💋
    • meyermariea
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2010, 03:57:13 PM »
Um...okay then, Darrell. I'm sorry, I think. :D
💋✌🎶