Author Topic: Cheese  (Read 7208 times)

CCRP

Re: Cheese
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2010, 08:57:11 AM »
Wow....I'm honored you find this poem child worthy, although...you guys almost make it sound as if, you never realized that I waz capable, of a chilldren's poem...;)

My 11-year old read it, and thought it was cool and funny.  :)

But indeed, John is right, don't get into bad spelling habits. Somehow, getting into bad habits is always easier than breaking them later on.

Offline John Yamrus

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2010, 09:16:53 AM »
let me illustrate something.  right now, as we speak, there's a 16 year old girl, alone on a boat in the ocean.  she's attempting to sail (SOLO) around the world.  it's going to take her 6 months, alone, at sea to accomplish that task.  she sends out a blog every few days and it's fascinating following this firecely intelligant and incredibly mature young person.  and you'll notice that in her blog there's not a wuz or a cuz in it.  she sets a great example.  you can check it out here:

http://abbysunderland.com/
Since 1970 John's published 2 novels, 18 books of poetry, and had more than 1,300 poems published in mags around the world.   His new book, (his 20TH) called CAN'T STOP NOW! is available here:

http://www.epicrites.org/

Offline Hugh

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2010, 10:33:57 AM »
Thanks for posting that link, John. Quite a girl, eh? Not only can she sail a boat solo round the world, repair sails, engine parts, keep cool when in potential danger – she can write immaculately, with, as you say, not a chat-room affectation in sight.

She’s an inspiration. Let’s hope teenage members will follow her blogs and learn.

Hugh

Offline Vienna

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2010, 10:44:53 AM »
well badd spelyn zeemz ter gett atenshun izn't itt? and vatz vot iz vontet ......izn't itt?? ;D
Just a well-read punk peasant

Going to church makes you a christian as much as standing in a garage makes you a car!

Offline John Yamrus

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2010, 12:22:05 PM »
Thanks for posting that link, John. Quite a girl, eh? Not only can she sail a boat solo round the world, repair sails, engine parts, keep cool when in potential danger – she can write immaculately, with, as you say, not a chat-room affectation in sight.

She’s an inspiration. Let’s hope teenage members will follow her blogs and learn.

Hugh

six months down the road, when she's done with this incredible voyage (and she WILL make it) life will never present her with any challenge she can't overcome.  16 years old.
Since 1970 John's published 2 novels, 18 books of poetry, and had more than 1,300 poems published in mags around the world.   His new book, (his 20TH) called CAN'T STOP NOW! is available here:

Offline Victor

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2010, 12:47:16 PM »
well badd spelyn zeemz ter gett atenshun izn't itt? and vatz vot iz vontet ......izn't itt??

perfection is a dead end. chaos the freeway. ;D
And I gave my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly: I perceived that this also is vexation of spirit. -ECCLESIASTES 1:17

Offline Hugh

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2010, 04:22:58 PM »

That's meaningless bollocks.

Offline John Yamrus

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2010, 04:25:28 PM »
That's meaningless bollocks.

with regard to the spelling issue, i have to agree.

Offline Marie Meyers

• Lexi 💋
    • meyermariea
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2010, 05:18:50 PM »

Chaos? Most definately. ;)

And, I get it. I get it. As long as you guys quit with all the incorrect spellings. I can't figure it out. What Vienna had said was complicated.

Hey? Read that? I put "was". No way. Just kidding!!!! ;)

But yeah.....and it's not "wuz" Mr.Yamrus. It's "Waz." No stealing that word! 25 cents a steal.....:)
💋✌🎶

Offline John Yamrus

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2010, 05:29:43 PM »

But yeah.....and it's not "wuz" Mr.Yamrus. It's "Waz." No stealing that word! 25 cents a steal.....:)

well, truth be told, i was actually employing the eastern highlands version of street talk, but since i'm trying to learn your lingo, i stand corrected...now, where WAZ i?
john ;)

Offline Marie Meyers

• Lexi 💋
    • meyermariea
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2010, 05:48:28 PM »
well, truth be told, i was actually employing the eastern highlands version of street talk, but since i'm trying to learn your lingo, i stand corrected...now, where WAZ i?
john ;)

That's 25 cents, Mister!!!! Look at that, you just wasted a quarter! You could've used that quarter to....contribute to...helping...re-lengthen the day by a HALF a milisecond, and you wasted it. On a three letter word. How could you? Now we'll be be stuck with days that are half a milisecond shorter, and all because you wasted a quarter. Tsk tsk, Mr. Yamrus. :D
💋✌🎶

Offline John Yamrus

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2010, 05:51:41 PM »

Mr. Yamrus. :D

while i applaud and appreciate your sense of respect and formality, there's no need to call me Mr....His High Lord Holiness will suffice.  ;D
 seriously, though, please call me john

Offline darrellj

• My dream is to write like pollock painted.
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2010, 06:12:47 PM »
Erh?
BOOMERANG!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D
pretend your talking to someone educated in the Penal system,
In fact don't pretend.

Offline Marie Meyers

• Lexi 💋
    • meyermariea
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2010, 06:16:21 PM »
while i applaud and appreciate your sense of respect and formality, there's no need to call me Mr....His High Lord Holiness will suffice.  ;D
 seriously, though, please call me john

Uh....I don't know if I can do that....it seems weird and disrespectful and you're an elder! (That sounds bad too, but it's true! You older than me and stuff....) You're like a sempai....only you're more or less a sensei....so, I can't really....it'd be...rude-ish.... :-[

And you still owe me that quarter!
💋✌🎶

Offline Marie Meyers

• Lexi 💋
    • meyermariea
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2010, 06:17:57 PM »
Erh?
BOOMERANG!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

"Catches boomerang" ....Ha. Looks like boomerangs don't come back,   ;D
💋✌🎶