Author Topic: Shaky's Place. For loose lips and grumpy ol' gits. (Adults only)  (Read 27192 times)

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
Re: Shaky's Place. For loose lips and grumpy ol' gits. (Adults only)
« Reply #315 on: March 06, 2010, 07:31:31 AM »
A saying you'll often hear over here, especially in the pre-fight 'bristle and growl' stage, is "I'm going to rip your arm off and beat you over the head with the soggy end."

Very colourful, and if you hit the idiot before he gets to 'arm' he'll later accuse you of cheating and 'not playing by the rules.' ;-)
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Offline Spell Chick

• Choose well
    • Little Bits of History
« Reply #316 on: March 06, 2010, 08:23:10 PM »
This appeared here at 7:13 AM my time. I got notification of it at 8:09 which doesn't look so bad, except it was PM. Whoops.

I can just see hundreds of them showing up all at once now.
Little Bits of History A short essay on something that happened on any day.

Imperfect Reason My thoughts, such as they are.

Offline ma100

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I don't need kinky boots, nothing will beat me.
« Reply #317 on: March 09, 2010, 04:07:49 PM »
Well this was my night out.

I was a little disappointed when I realized the show wasn’t the one I expected. We stood behind a rather large girl in a floral flared skirt and bobby socks. I gazed around the foyer and realized Atila and I were a little under dressed for the occasion.  The teddy boy gear was out in force.  When I turned back to the line, my face collided with a pair of boobs so large, it looked as if she’d shoved two beach balls up her jumper.  :o

“Sorry Love, they always get in the way,” Betty big boobs said, squealing like a teenager.

My cheeks burned as I looked up at a face that certainly needed an iron and probably paint remover for the make-up plastered on. Shame she felt the need to shovel it on because she had quite a pleasant face.  Atila found the situation highly amusing until I dug my elbow in his stomach.  >:( 

Anyway, we all piled into our allocated seats, and I was sat behind a woman with a beehive glued to her head.  I groaned, why did I always get stuck behind the biggest obstacle? I had no chance of seeing the stage.  A nice young guy, at the end of our row, saw my predicament and him and his mate swopped with us. 

The lights went down and the most incredible version of ‘Guitar boogie shuffle,’ erupted from the stage. After about ten seconds the stage lit up and I gawped. Even I would have towered over the lead guitarist. How the hell he played the guitar with such dexterity when it was nigh on as big as him, I’ll never know.  He reminded me of a tiny Shrek with glasses. What he lacked in height, he more than made up for with talent and when he smiled it was such a winner. 

The double bass player wasn’t much bigger. The drummer was a stocky bald guy with a deadpan expression you know will have you laughing before the end of the show. They led into ‘That’ll be the day’ and the Buddy Holly look-a-like shuffled on stage.  By half way through the song he sounded and looked like the real thing even down to the, little boy wants a wee dancing. He had an excellent voice.

After a couple more songs he introduced ‘ The Big Bopper,’ complete with leopard skin jacket and gold lapels. He was the dead ringer of a young ‘Brian Denerhey.’  Boy was there some power in his voice and the geriatric teds were up in the aisles bopping, even some youngsters were dancing too.  Betty big boobs was making her presence felt a few stalls down though, I think she was pissing off the people sitting behind, but she was having fun. Even Atila was tapping his foot.

He introduced ‘Ritchie Valens.’  What a stunner in tight black trousers and shirt. A lot of the women in the audience whistled and yelled.  As for looking like him, he failed, also he didn’t really sound like him, but he had a terrific voice and in my opinion sounded better. He also had a bit of an identity crisis in the dancing department, swopping from an Elvis thrust to a Tom Jones swivel. I have to admit I was distracted and so were the females in the audience.  :-[ This is where Atila got snippy and muttered something like, ‘That can’t be real.’ I nearly fell off my seat laughing at his discomfort. ;D

‘Dion’ joined the stage and they did a doo wap together before leading in to his act. Again, an incredible singer and the closest in resemblance to his character.  He was also a great dancer.

In the second half, the drummer came to the front of the stage and drummed a card board box to  ‘Not fade away’ whilst mouthing I love you to a woman in the front row.  He then slapped his thighs to ‘Everyday.’ His legs must have been so sore.

They all did another turn each and the finale was all of them singing and dancing together. I tell you the whole show was brilliant and I enjoyed every flippin’ minute. ;D

Offline fire-fly

• Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi
« Reply #318 on: March 09, 2010, 04:20:00 PM »
Wow Ma, thats sounds like a great night mate. I always get stuck behind someone with a big boof head as well and I am a couple of inches taller then you. Really spoils the whole thing doesn't it. Glad you had some nice people to swap with.  ;D ;D

I love live shows and when they are really really good, makes it so much better.

I went to the Boy From Oz and was enthralled.  :D
I'm A Binge Thinker: Do It A Lot Somedays, Then Not Much At All.

Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it alive. >:D

Offline ma100

• Esteemed Contributor
« Reply #319 on: March 09, 2010, 05:41:13 PM »
I think we should get show tickets on prescription mate. Nothing like live entertainment to wake up the brain. ;D

Offline fire-fly

« Reply #320 on: March 09, 2010, 05:47:37 PM »
Yep agree there Ma.   ;D ;D

We have a lot of live entertainment where I live, heaps of entertainers like Tom Jones, Whitney Houston, (bad reviews on her  ???) Cliff Richards, but no shows. Have to go to Sydney for them.

Offline ma100

• Esteemed Contributor
« Reply #321 on: March 09, 2010, 05:51:27 PM »
I think she is receiving a lot of negativity mate.

Offline fire-fly

« Reply #322 on: March 09, 2010, 06:07:45 PM »
Its a shame Ma, the girl can sing thats for sure.

Mixed reviews in our region but Sydney was a white wash with disgruntled ticket holders.

Offline ma100

• Esteemed Contributor
« Reply #323 on: March 09, 2010, 06:09:19 PM »
Oh dear.

Offline fire-fly

« Reply #324 on: March 29, 2010, 07:21:43 PM »
Hey Shaky, you been on holidays old girl?

Thought it was time you were resurrected mate.  ;D

Offline ma100

• Esteemed Contributor
« Reply #325 on: March 29, 2010, 07:27:18 PM »
She's been in a sulk FF. Bones has been toooooooooooo busy to pay her any attention. So she bogged off to Ibiza with his wallet for a week mate.

Offline fire-fly

« Reply #326 on: March 29, 2010, 07:45:01 PM »
 ::) ::) ::)

That means presents for us then Ma, I'm real excited now.  ;D

Offline ma100

• Esteemed Contributor
« Reply #327 on: March 29, 2010, 07:48:07 PM »
Of course it does FF. She wouldn't forget her partners in crimes friends. ::)

Want a drink missus, there's  a bottle of champers in the fridge with some strawberries, though you might have to pick a bit of mould off them. ;D

Offline Spell Chick

• Choose well
    • Little Bits of History
« Reply #328 on: March 29, 2010, 08:43:27 PM »
My DIL makes wonderful chocolate covered strawberries. I must learn how she does that because I could eat lots and lots of them.

On second thought, maybe I shouldn't learn how. I'm too fat as it is.
Little Bits of History A short essay on something that happened on any day.

Imperfect Reason My thoughts, such as they are.

Offline ma100

• Esteemed Contributor
« Reply #329 on: March 29, 2010, 08:53:02 PM »
Melt a bar of Cadburys Dairy Milk chocolate in a bowl over a simmering saucepan and dip them mate. ;D