Author Topic: The Dirty Show  (Read 31132 times)

Offline DIZI

• My Blog.
Re: The Dirty Show
« Reply #135 on: June 02, 2010, 06:09:15 PM »
Do women collect men's things?
I did wear a pair of white, Y- front shorts that was left behind from one of my 'parties'
Not to remind me of the goings on but just because they were comfortable to relax in.
I washed them first tho.  Bit boring really.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 06:10:57 PM by DIZI »

Offline Kowboy

« Reply #136 on: June 04, 2010, 09:52:55 AM »
Do women collect men's things?
I did wear a pair of white, Y- front shorts that was left behind from one of my 'parties'
Not to remind me of the goings on but just because they were comfortable to relax in.
I washed them first tho.  Bit boring really.

DIZI:

Why were a pair of Y-front shorts left behind at one of your 'parties'? I've attended my share of parties, but so far have left wearing everything in which I arrived. Perhaps I'm not getting the right invitations?

Kowboy

Offline drab

« Reply #137 on: June 16, 2010, 08:14:52 PM »
Hey guys,
Stuff has got a bit stale here recently, (not on this thread) I've loved my time here... but sometimes you just gotta move on. Hope we'll talk again someday.
Rev.drab
To live, with gentle but cunning deceit, and accept the consequences, is the destiny of every man.

Offline Kowboy

« Reply #138 on: July 12, 2010, 11:20:33 PM »

I snapped these at a trade show:

My wife:

Kowboy
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 11:33:32 PM by Kowboy »

Offline Kowboy

« Reply #139 on: December 21, 2010, 09:52:26 PM »
I went to a Mixed Martial Arts show. It seems I get the same pictures whichever show I attend:

Kowboy

Offline drab

« Reply #140 on: December 24, 2010, 10:39:49 PM »
I assume you are the one on the right lol.
Are we going to start all this dirt again?
Thanks for your comment on the poem, I didn't want to say thanks and bump it up the page.
Hope you have a great Christmas K.
Some friends photo shopped a few birthday cards of me in very rude situations recently for my 50th BD, I'll have to paste them, there'll be major warnings attached.
To live, with gentle but cunning deceit, and accept the consequences, is the destiny of every man.

Offline Kowboy

« Reply #141 on: February 19, 2011, 11:35:23 PM »
This year's Dirty Show was tonight. I didn't attend, but fortunately they've added next Saturday night. My wife isn't interested in going, but I'll try to make it and report back.

http://www.dirtyshow.org/

Offline Kowboy

« Reply #142 on: February 27, 2011, 08:46:53 PM »

Unaccompanied, I attended the held-over 2011 Dirty Show, February 26, 2011. It was great fun and the drinks were only five bucks.

In a work my sister would certainly like, “Artichoke 1, Take Two”, consists of three ceramic butts on the wall arranged vertically with toilet paper dispensed from each. One male, two female, two black and one white. By Art Tickle, Los Angeles, California. $220.00 each, one is sold.

There is a child’s bed frame that has a video streaming onto the box spring (no mattress) of a couple doing the nasty. You’re looking down on the couple, so you’re not really seeing anything. It is untagged and I’ll learn later it will be used on stage.

Jeff J.R. Williams and Jeremy Harvey from Detroit Michigan title one of my favorites “Mommy’s Knee”. Picture one of those kitschy leg lamps but this time the leg is about three feet tall, oversize, bent at the knee and terminating at the thigh. The foot is wearing a bright red pump with a chrome stiletto heel. Fiberglas and lacquer, $5,000.00, unsold.

There is a well-endowed leggy woman on an exercise bike on stage wearing legwarmers, fishnets and pasties with an old Richard Simmons exercise video playing on a small television in the background. Her hair is bright red. The obligatory cross dresser is in the audience, I spotted him immediately as we entered the show simultaneously and again when he used the men’s room. A guy in a dress in the men’s room is still kinda weird, even at The Dirty Show. At least he didn’t try to cover his Adam’s apple with a scarf. That is so old school and I hate it when they do that.

I recognize my favorite piece in the show the minute I lay eyes on it, “The Sad Birthday” by Russian artist Max Sadlow. Against a cloudy beach-like background an elderly man sits in an armless chair staring at the body of a young beauty who has hung herself or is about to as soon as she steps off the stump on which she is standing. He faces us and she faces him so we only see her beautiful backside, her pantyhose pulled to mid-thigh and her clothes and lingerie in a heap below. It has a very surrealist tone. I’m sorry I didn’t buy it at $200.00.

One of the most outrageous pieces in the show and certainly the most offensive to Christians has got to be Eric Freeman’s “Dissection of the Death of Christ’s Love”. Apparently the usual Not For Sale tag is a bit too cliché for Mr. Freeman, so he’s asking a hundred thousand dollars for the piece. I hope he gets it; this thing took a hell of a lot of work. Picture pushing male and female mannequins through a band saw lengthwise and face up. Place half the female on her back on a gold platform and the opposite half male above her at about forty-five degrees ready for penetration with his penis that somehow missed the saw. Their guts are exposed and lit with little LED’s and Jesus has a spike through his foot and hand. Freeman got the blood spatter just about perfect. There’s a lot of it, but it isn’t gratuitous. The specks in her hair are just right.

“Sexy Bitch” by Lisa Gilchrest from Indiana depicts a middle aged balding fat guy lying on and overhanging a stage while clutching a brass-dancing pole. A young girl attempts to capture one of his nipple tassels with her open mouth while two of her girlfriends await to tip him with fistfuls of cash. Very fun and original and another favorite.

“First Sacrament” by BDF of  Dearborn Heights, Michigan, $200.00, shows an abandoned industrial washroom with paint peeling and electrical junction boxes on the wall in the background. Multiple shades of blue cast a melancholy feel, but the nude woman with her eyes shut curled around inside the large circular washbasin really does the trick.   

“Struggle”, photography by Jeffery Vail Brown, Traverse City Michigan, has a very M.C. Escher feel about it. It’s about a three-foot square black and white photograph with ams, legs and breasts agglomerated in a circular motion with mathematical precision. Nicely understated and one of the best in the show. $600.00.

Well, it’s finally happened. I’ve finally been politely refused a picture of shoes. Kind of a ruby slipper style but with more heel and in blue suede.

There is an erotic bookstore section of the show in a back corner that sells mostly erotic photographs. In the back corner of the bookstore, there is a ten-foot tall penis and you stand or pose next to it and have your picture taken. A 4”x6” picture is $7.00 and an 8”x10” is $15.00. I can’t imagine why I would want my picture taken with a giant penis, but perhaps it will come to me.

In “Lamour”, David Lee Lara, from Austin, Texas, has taken a black and white photograph of stiletto heels while his model lies on a bed. A leash connects to one of the top shoe straps banding her ankle. Very nice, especially at $250.00. Sold.

A guy in what appears to be bunny suit pajamas sits on the stage with a plastic bucket next to him while chanting strange ghazal sounding music. A shapely black woman in a French maid type outfit kneels between his legs and simulates oral sex. Every chorus or so, she “vomits” a yellow liquid into the bucket. Fortunately, two hot chicks in skimpy outfits doing a trapeze act quickly replace this. A midget follows them, oops, we aren’t allowed to say “midget” anymore, I mean a little person with a sword and a shield who does a striptease. Nor was she the only one of the evening. How could you have an erotic art show without little people performing strip tease?

Sometimes the best shoes of the night show up first.

Sorry for the picture quality, but this was one of the hottest outfits of the evening.

Emmy has nice seams.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 06:24:31 AM by Kowboy »

Offline Kowboy

« Reply #143 on: February 26, 2012, 06:33:23 PM »

They held The Dirty Show 2012 over an extra Saturday last night and I got these shots of my favorite shoes:

Ms. Jade Love was nice enough to pose with me:

Some favorite art of the evening were Letters to Miss Kurage 1,2, and 3 by Kurt Herman, Lorain, Ohio. This guy's gonna get kicked waayyy the hell out of college for those three 18"x24" framed emails.

The show had an international entrant with Christo from Thessaloniki, Macedonia, Greece, and his Howard's Girls On Wednesday Nights $530.00. An airbrushed looking painting of three apparent prostitutes lounging languidly.

My favorite piece is Clown and Schoolgirl by Richard Northwood, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, $450.00. This is a sepia-toned color photograph of a clown photographing a young Asian woman whose skirt is at her ankles in an outdoor urban setting. The clown holds the camera, but is looking out at the picture viewer. Disturbingly powerful.

Probably my second place is Chicago's Jeffery David Cohn's Chrystyne vs. Garage Door. We are inside the garage near the floor as a nude Chrystyne, standing outside, lifts her garage door to just above her crotch. Very nice shoes. Black and white photograph, $750.00.

Kowboy

« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 06:36:07 PM by Kowboy »