Author Topic: African-American Writer(s) needed  (Read 6505 times)

Offline scriptwritingjock

Re: African-American Writer(s) needed
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2010, 01:53:55 PM »
I knew it would get me in trouble.

But thank you for clarifying.

You are looking for someone Black who went to particular universities. YESThey don't have to be American They DO have to be American. What does a German, Africa, Cuban, or Italian know about being an American?... but they can't be Latino or Asian. Only Black AmericansAnd they can't be Caucasians from Africa. Africa has nothing to do with it. I was being PC when I requested African-American, a term I usually despise. When you hyphenate yourself, you become less of something IMHO. I'm not a European-American, I'm an American. Just like every other American no matter what color they happened to be. Have I got it right now?

Women's perspectives are often quite different all around than men's, so you might want the "other" gender to broaden your experiential expertise. This is why I didn't ask for only a male or only a female. I need one of each to get all perspectives. Just so you understand this is a story about race and how stupid we as "progressive" (I use that term loosely) Americans are. We have a half black/white President and we still can't get over skin color. The story deal with racial issues and even has a real African who laughs at the term African American becasue as he says, "You have never been to Africa, you have never lived in Africa, and your ancestors are so far removed from Africa, you are romanticizing about a place where many of it's inhabitants would rather trade places with you here in America." Actual quote from a real person from Africa who came to study at an American HBCU.

Thanks for answering.

PS
My little Native American grandchildren have more melanin by the end of the summer than their African-American second cousins (I think that's their relationship, my sister's grandchildren). Although by this time of year, they are the same skin tone, mostly. So I'm not sure the melanin content is the answer either.

Further clarification since the comprehension level is below par.

REQUIREMENTS: BLACK, AMERICAN, attended/graduated from an HBCU Male and Female wanted.

Offline A.J.B

• Enjoying bouts of moderate insanity
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2010, 04:49:39 PM »
Not that I actually care, but in the defense of spell chick, your reasons were not posted in the original post. Your clarifications (even though they are a bit condescending and down right rude) justify why you need a black guy/gal to write with. Had you said that originally there would have been no problem.

Just my two pennies worth.
My debut novel 'Life Eternal' is now available to buy on Amazon in both paperback and kindle.

Please search 'Aaron J Booth' on Amazon to find the product.

Offline eric

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2010, 05:34:58 PM »
Not that I actually care, but I thought the original post, though vague, was not a bit offensive.  I am not inviting rejoinder, simply stating my opinion.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 05:42:21 PM by eric »

Offline scriptwritingjock

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2010, 06:47:59 PM »
"Not that I care" AJB, but if you didn't, you wouldn't have commented. I am rude and condescending when people put their nonsense into an inquiry that has nothing to do with them and question the validity of it by claiming it is racist. If I wanted redneck writers that didn't graduate past the 6th grade, have only one tooth, and sleep with their sister's dog, I would have written that. Would they have been so quick to defend those types of writers? No, because their "white guilt" wouldn't make them feel better about themselves defending someone other than their own race.

Why was Zelda (a Black woman writer) able to offer an "Amen," yet all the other posters (white people) are up in arms? The guilty scream the loudest. I bet the next response will be 'some of my best friends are black and I voted for Obama." Get a life you wannabe message board Gestapo.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 06:50:11 PM by scriptwritingjock »

Offline Spell Chick

• Choose well
    • Little Bits of History
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2010, 07:01:34 PM »
"Not that I care" AJB, but if you didn't, you wouldn't have commented. I am rude and condescending when people put their nonsense into an inquiry that has nothing to do with them and question the validity of it by claiming it is racist. If I wanted redneck writers that didn't graduate past the 6th grade, have only one tooth, and sleep with their sister's dog, I would have written that. Would they have been so quick to defend those types of writers? No, because their "white guilt" wouldn't make them feel better about themselves defending someone other than their own race.

Why was Zelda (a Black woman writer) able to offer an "Amen," yet all the other posters (white people) are up in arms? The guilty scream the loudest. I bet the next response will be 'some of my best friends are black and I voted for Obama." Get a life you wannabe message board Gestapo.

At least there is some good in all this. Any collaborators can see how this gentleman works with dissenting opinions. That's a plus.
Little Bits of History A short essay on something that happened on any day.

Imperfect Reason My thoughts, such as they are.

Offline fire-fly

• Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2010, 07:08:58 PM »
Another topic to lock, thats great.

I have placed this debate in the Moderators corner for discussion and until then it will remain locked.

Stand back and take a long hard look at the tone you are using on this thread. I am not talking about skin colour or any such thing, the tone being used from one civilized human being to another, shameful.
I'm A Binge Thinker: Do It A Lot Somedays, Then Not Much At All.

Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it alive. >:D