Author Topic: Hey Everyone! I'm new!  (Read 7979 times)

Offline eric

Re: Hey Everyone! I'm new!
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2009, 10:41:36 AM »
no, that's anime.  but i'm really looking forward to seeing the series ri is all hepped about!  can you tell us more, ri?

Offline Ri

• books, music, magic, Avatar!
    • the spotted mushroom
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2009, 02:32:36 PM »
no, that's anime.  but i'm really looking forward to seeing the series ri is all hepped about!  can you tell us more, ri?

[ I sound like a hoot, you say...  ]

of course i can tell you more!
Avatar is pretty much the best TV show I've ever seen. It has plot, its has action, it has romance, and great animation. The acting is great from beginning to end. And this isn't just crazy fan stuff, it's won awards for its awesomeness. It's animated somewhere between anime and American style, so visually, it's amazing.

The characters also have such depth to them, like you would expect from a book. Each episode works towards the plot, so it's like a movie, not a spongebob-esque show that never ends.

It's funny and serious and willing to deal with tough questions that you wouldn't normally expect from a kid's TV show. Yes, it was made for kids, but TONS of adults watch it.

It's such a great show...
Actually, it inspired me to write my book :D

Dude, I sound crazy obsessed, which I am, but...  ;D
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 02:36:54 PM by Ri »
~~ And in those deepest hours

When nary a soul's awake

I sit before my squeaking desk

And magic do I make   ~~

Offline Ri

• the spotted mushroom
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2009, 02:34:50 PM »
Yaho!!

Hi Ri. I'm new as well in the Writers Circle. I've read quite a number of posts here and I'm starting to like the idea :) Hopefully I can read your posts and you can do the same with mine :)

Welcome and happy writing!!

I'm looking forward to seeing your writing!

When nary a soul's awake

And magic do I make   ~~

Offline Kestrel

• When life gives you melons, you're dyslexic. ^_^
    • My Blog: It's About Stuff... And Things
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2009, 10:34:32 PM »
[ I sound like a hoot, you say...  ]

of course i can tell you more!
Avatar is pretty much the best TV show I've ever seen. It has plot, its has action, it has romance, and great animation. The acting is great from beginning to end. And this isn't just crazy fan stuff, it's won awards for its awesomeness. It's animated somewhere between anime and American style, so visually, it's amazing.

The characters also have such depth to them, like you would expect from a book. Each episode works towards the plot, so it's like a movie, not a spongebob-esque show that never ends.

It's funny and serious and willing to deal with tough questions that you wouldn't normally expect from a kid's TV show. Yes, it was made for kids, but TONS of adults watch it.

It's such a great show...
Actually, it inspired me to write my book :D

Dude, I sound crazy obsessed, which I am, but...  ;D

It's Korean anime, which is more realistic than Japanese or American animation, for the most part.  And really awesome. :)  And though Avatar didn't actually inspire me to write my book, as I'd started writing it before I'd even heard of Avatar(almost four years ago), it's inspired quite a few ideas in my novels, so I'll give credit where credit's due.  ;D  As for crazy obsession, when it comes to Avatar, it's a good thing.  Otherwise we'd all be in trouble. ;)
Shoot for the moon, and even if you miss, you'll land among the stars... spinning through an empty, black vacuum for the rest of your life.  What a crappy consolation prize. ;)

My epic YA fantasy, The Night:
First Post

Offline Ri

• the spotted mushroom
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2009, 11:07:04 PM »
It's Korean anime, which is more realistic than Japanese or American animation, for the most part.  And really awesome. :)  And though Avatar didn't actually inspire me to write my book, as I'd started writing it before I'd even heard of Avatar(almost four years ago), it's inspired quite a few ideas in my novels, so I'll give credit where credit's due.  ;D  As for crazy obsession, when it comes to Avatar, it's a good thing.  Otherwise we'd all be in trouble. ;)

Did Avatar inspire the elemental bit in your story? How Siri could control wind?

It inspired me to want to use the elements, thought they aren't the focus of the story and the way they are used they're history is very different from Avatar. But like you said, credit where credit is due.  ;D

When nary a soul's awake

And magic do I make   ~~

Offline Kestrel

• When life gives you melons, you're dyslexic. ^_^
    • My Blog: It's About Stuff... And Things
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2009, 04:50:54 AM »
I already had that bit before Avatar came into my life, and my world has seven elements instead of four, but the main character does get avatar-like powers, as in, controlling all the elements.  Well, all but one.  Not really the point. ::)  And I have a Zuko-like character.  Because Zuko's awesome and needed to be included somehow. ;D
Shoot for the moon, and even if you miss, you'll land among the stars... spinning through an empty, black vacuum for the rest of your life.  What a crappy consolation prize. ;)

My epic YA fantasy, The Night:
First Post

Offline Ri

• the spotted mushroom
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2009, 03:01:58 PM »
I already had that bit before Avatar came into my life, and my world has seven elements instead of four, but the main character does get avatar-like powers, as in, controlling all the elements.  Well, all but one.  Not really the point. ::)  And I have a Zuko-like character.  Because Zuko's awesome and needed to be included somehow. ;D

moi aussi!
the thing with my book is that I started after I saw like 3 episodes of Avatar and then it completly went off on its own. At one point, my main character, his name is William, could control all the elements except for one (it was some kind of dark energy thing), too. Dragons were also involved back then. And my writing was awful. It's changed so much since then. But I'm still not brave enough to post it up her yet ^_^;
I have a character that's coflicted like Zuko, but I knew from the moment I started writing him that he wouldn't be able to make the right choices. Poor guy. I know I'll cry when he dies....

When nary a soul's awake

And magic do I make   ~~

Offline thatollie

« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2009, 12:54:00 AM »
i dunno.  the characterization in that original series was just so good.  i can't quite see how special effects and contemporary social things really can replace that.  it's like making a sitcom out of the Odyssey.  But if ri's right, we've both been superseded by anime!

Eric, Avatar ain't anime, tis western faux anime.

But yeah, you have been superceded by anime anyway because Cowboy Bebop is the awesomest show ever.
Never make a decision standing up.

Offline Max Zvyagintsev

• Welcome to my World! Now go home
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2009, 04:57:52 AM »
Hello and welcome to MWC. I'm sure you'll be eager to post some of your work up soon!

I would also suggest taking a quick peek at this before posting. http://www.mywriterscircle.com/index.php?topic=7.15
- look for my post! (it's the seventh one down.)

Max   
"The World doesn't owe you anything, it was here first"

"You fall before you learn to stand up"