Author Topic: Flash Fiction Challenge #10  (Read 1399 times)

Offline Wildcard

Flash Fiction Challenge #10
« on: August 30, 2009, 11:55:58 PM »
Flash Fiction Challenge #10

You have until 7pm Eastern Standard Time (GMT-05:00) Monday 14th September to PM me your entries for this challenge.

Rules:

for this challenge, you must write a SHORT STORY in EXACTLY 100 WORDS (no more, no less), using one or all of these three words:

1. FLIES
2. MIDNIGHT
3. BALLET
(You may use derivatives of these words if you choose to use ALL three)

OPTIONAL:
Add the following phrase:

AN HONEST CHANCE

In addition, you should give your story a title of up to 15 words. The words in the title will not count towards the 100 words in the story.

Note that words with apostrophes count as one word, as do hyphenated words, e.g. vice-versa and couldn't. Numbers that are written as digits, including decimals, count as one word, e.g. 9.8, or 19.

The specific word or phrase should be written in CAPS within your story. No bold or italics permitted.

Submissions should be sent by PM to me. This is done by clicking on my name and selecting "Send this person a personal message." Please do not post your entry here.

Only ONE SUBMISSION per person please.

The winner as judged by the poll of the entries will be responsible for running the next Flash Fiction challenge.

As always, bragging rights for those that manage to get all three words AND the optional phrase.

Thanks, and good luck to everyone!

Offline thatollie

Re: Flash Fiction Challenge #10
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 12:03:03 AM »
Can you use words/optional phrase in the title?
Never make a decision standing up.

Offline Wildcard

Re: Flash Fiction Challenge #10
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 12:11:55 AM »
Nope they've gotta be in the story, i think there will be more interesting stories as opposed to interesting titles that way. Sorry for not clarifying in the original post.