Author Topic: Your chance to help me and be creative as well  (Read 2525 times)

Offline A.J.B

• Enjoying bouts of moderate insanity
Re: Your chance to help me and be creative as well
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2009, 06:01:38 PM »
I only ever wrote short stories set in the warhammer/warhammer 40k universes for others to read at the black library forum. I never wrote a full novel as if I actually do ge tpublished then I can submit to them (without an agent). So in instances like my case there is a bonus to writing fan fic. You get a feel for the setting incase you ever get the chance to write for it professionally.

I would like to apologise for that post. I swear I was in the 'fanfiction.com' thread. I must have clicked next instead of page two or soemthing :-[

Again, sorry for the randomness of that post.
My debut novel 'Life Eternal' is now available to buy on Amazon in both paperback and kindle.

Please search 'Aaron J Booth' on Amazon to find the product.

Offline LRSuda

Re: Your chance to help me and be creative as well
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2009, 02:55:53 PM »
    I have to agree with the caution Huge issued earlier.  I'm sure you don't want a story formed by commitee.  But, I can also understand why you would want opinions, considering that you are thinking of writing this in multiple vp.  The novel I've been working on for nearly three years is multiple vp and, quite frankly, figuring out the most effective construction is crazy-making.  I don't know if you have ever written a novel in this manner but, in case you haven't, consider this a heads up.  More plays into the construction as a whole when choosing this route.  It's equatable to being in The Land of A Thousand Money Wrenches-- they fly at you from seeming nowhere at times.  But, sometimes, the story itself dictates that this approach be taken.

So, to possibly spare yourself furture episodes of tearing up pages and pulling out hair, I would suggest that you seriously consider if this story can be written from a single perspective.