Author Topic: frustration (profanity)  (Read 10970 times)

Offline JoD

• Anything Worth Doing: A true story of adventure, friendship and tragedy on the last of the West's great rivers: available in June.
Re: frustration (profanity)
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2009, 06:42:23 PM »
hm. a point to the lady.

but spellchick, "What is poetry and if you know what poetry is what is prose?" --Gertrude Stein
The last of the West's great wild rivers. A handmade dory. And two men, determined to live their dreams -- at any cost. ANYTHING WORTH DOING. http://www.jodeurbrouck.com/

Offline Spell Chick

• Choose well
    • Little Bits of History
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2009, 06:47:52 PM »
The original post is poetry.

Just like the added file, is art.

I know it is art because it is titled so.
Little Bits of History A short essay on something that happened on any day.

Imperfect Reason My thoughts, such as they are.

Offline eric

« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2009, 06:53:07 PM »
Patti, I got an honors degree in writing (English) at the most exclusive college in the country, won first place in a national English contest, had degrees, certificates and honors from four postgraduate institutions in three countries, studied with some of the finest writers of our generation, and wrote at a high level for forty years and more.  You have often said you know nothing about poetry.  I obviously do.  So your two years of incomplete studies entitle you to pontificate about how I know nothin'?  I think not, darlin' ... especially since Shakespeare would clearly agree with Mark and me on this one.  So go quote your nursery stories all you like, but give up on this one.  
Thank you very much.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 09:58:17 AM by eric »

Offline Spell Chick

• Choose well
    • Little Bits of History
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2009, 06:57:30 PM »
Yes, sir!

I see clearly now. this is poetry. it is meaningful.

I thought I couldn't write poetry, but I see anything written and placed here for review IS in fact a poem. I had no idea.

I thank you for showing me the errors of my ways. I am overawed by your vast and superior knowledge and can see my lack of education is clearly putting me at a disadvantage.

I will quietly go and compose some blithering idiot nonsense and post it here for all the world to see.

The

Emperor

has
    no
          clothes.

Offline eric

« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2009, 07:05:03 PM »
Yeah, well, you're a twittering airhead who spouts nonsense.  Not about the poem, you're  entitled to disagree there, but by calling me a pompous hypocrite.  If you want to do that feel free, and go to bloody hell.  Have I made myself clear?

I never said you're a blithering idiot, I quoted you that you know nothing about poetry and I compared my credentials to your lack of the same.  What about that do  you find insulting, you twittering airhead?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 07:07:51 PM by eric »

Offline Spell Chick

• Choose well
    • Little Bits of History
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2009, 07:09:12 PM »
Yeah, well, you're a twittering airhead who spouts nonsense.  Not about the poem, you're  entitled to disagree there, but by calling me a pompous hypocrite.  If you want to do that feel free, and go to bloody hell.  Have I made myself clear?

I never said you're a blithering idiot, I quoted you that you know nothing about poetry and I compared my credentials to your lack of the same.  What about that do  you find insulting, you twittering airhead?

I agreed that you were better educated than me, why does this make you angry?

But we are hijacking this thread from the meaningful discussion about the brilliance of this poem.

Offline eric

« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2009, 07:12:54 PM »
Agreed.  I am sorry you made me angry, dear.   Forgive me?

Offline Spell Chick

• Choose well
    • Little Bits of History
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2009, 07:14:06 PM »
Yes

Yes

Yes

Cigarette

Offline JoD

• Anything Worth Doing: A true story of adventure, friendship and tragedy on the last of the West's great rivers: available in June.
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2009, 07:18:11 PM »
LMAO
The last of the West's great wild rivers. A handmade dory. And two men, determined to live their dreams -- at any cost. ANYTHING WORTH DOING. http://www.jodeurbrouck.com/

Offline eric

« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2009, 07:30:36 PM »
that is not a poem, Jo.  well, I mean LMAO.  Patti's is a poem, sort of, and it's hilarious.  There, you see Patti?  I can read.

But that is just why Victor's also very funny poem is a poem.  In fact, it's probably one of the best he's ever written.  Word for word, it's the best.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 07:43:54 PM by eric »

Offline JoD

« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2009, 11:24:01 PM »
especially if the title is exactly what you see in the header:

frustration (profanity)

Offline Victor

« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2009, 03:29:12 AM »
thanks for the helpful comments Spell Chick. :)

also to eric, Jo and Mark -  my second round of thanks. ;D

and incidentally, since people feel free to walk in and spam away in my beloved thread, I feel obliged to do this little advertising for my part-. check it out --  ;D

http://www.mywriterscircle.com/index.php?topic=22918.0

And I gave my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly: I perceived that this also is vexation of spirit. -ECCLESIASTES 1:17

Offline Vienna

« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2009, 03:41:56 AM »

not a bad days work 3 fucks and a shit.

But why after 3 fucks are you still frustrated?? ;D
Just a well-read punk peasant

Going to church makes you a christian as much as standing in a garage makes you a car!

Offline Victor

« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2009, 03:46:50 AM »
coz I'm multiorgasmic  ;D
And I gave my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly: I perceived that this also is vexation of spirit. -ECCLESIASTES 1:17

Offline Vienna

« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2009, 03:56:10 AM »

Oh come come victor   ;D
Just a well-read punk peasant

Going to church makes you a christian as much as standing in a garage makes you a car!