Author Topic: frustration (profanity)  (Read 10974 times)

Offline almostabled1983

Re: frustration
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2009, 10:49:59 AM »
damn

damn

damn

hell.

The point of this is?
It's not what you know. It's who you know.

Offline Victor

« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2009, 11:06:07 AM »
The point of this is?

nothing ;D
And I gave my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly: I perceived that this also is vexation of spirit. -ECCLESIASTES 1:17

Offline almostabled1983

« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2009, 11:13:39 AM »
It's not what you know. It's who you know.

Offline Victor

« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2009, 11:22:55 AM »
You are weird!

yes, among other things.
And I gave my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly: I perceived that this also is vexation of spirit. -ECCLESIASTES 1:17

Offline JoD

• Anything Worth Doing: A true story of adventure, friendship and tragedy on the last of the West's great rivers: available in June.
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2009, 11:57:56 AM »
hugh, come back!!!!!

i think what a poem is or is not is a VERY valid discussion to have. what might be valid topics for poetry is another and timely on these boards, i'd say. mark was reacting to how you articulated your opinion, not the opinion itself (sez i).

victor lied (bad victor) when he said the point of what he wrote  was 'nothing.' it was exactly about the conversation it sparked...when hugh popped in.

if i ran into victor's frustration poem in an anthology i'd scratch my head and think, 'huh? what do i do with this?'

if i had been on these boards the past few months and i ran into that same poem, i'd think...touche, kid.

and if i then read eric's affirming critique of it, i'd think...go, eric!

so. yah.
The last of the West's great wild rivers. A handmade dory. And two men, determined to live their dreams -- at any cost. ANYTHING WORTH DOING. http://www.jodeurbrouck.com/

Offline eric

« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2009, 12:38:49 PM »
jo, heh, wait a second.  you're all over the place, and you don't need to be.  

first of all, leave hugh alone.  he made his point, he likes to spark a little debate, and he went.  this is not his taste in poetry, never was and never will be.  he knows i'll just beat him senseless if he wants to fight anyway, we already had a duel and he lost.  but give the man his shred of dignity, he has his opinions and he's entitled to them.  and I personally think he's a hell of a gentleman too.  

a debate about what is a poem is basically boring and repetitive.  we have had this debate many times and there is only one good answer, mine.  heh.   just kidding.  read amie for more details ...
yamrus has more or less demonstrated that reading out of the  phonebook could result in a good poem, but the key is the guts, bone and blood.  this is not different from my opinion, and yes, it's been said too.

this poem is clearly a poem, and a good one.

victor did not lie, and he was not talking about his main poem.  he was chatting up AA (you go, girl) about his previous post, which was in fun.  I love to see young love in action.  Smooch.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 01:18:21 PM by eric »

Offline JoD

• Anything Worth Doing: A true story of adventure, friendship and tragedy on the last of the West's great rivers: available in June.
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2009, 01:01:28 PM »
jo, heh, wait a second.  you're all over the place, and you don't need to be.  

first of all, leave hugh alone.  he made his point, he likes to spark a little debate, and he went.  this is not his taste in poetry, never was and never will be.  he knows i'll just beat him senseless if he wants to fight anyway, we already had a duel and he lost.  but give the man his shred of dignity, he has his opinions and he's entitled to them.  and I personally think he's a hell of a gentleman too.  here's to  you, Sir Hugh.

a debate about what is a poem is basically boring and repetitive.  we have had this debate many times and there is only one good answer, mine.  heh.   just kidding.  read amie for more details ...
yamrus has more or less demonstrated that reading out of the  phonebook could result in a good poem, but the key is the guts, bone and blood.  this is not different from my opinion, and yes, it's been said too.

this poem is clearly a poem, and a good one.

victor did not lie, and he was not talking about his main poem.  he was chatting up AA (you go, girl) about his previous post, which was in fun.  I love to see young love in action.  Smooch.

mm. feel better now?  : )
The last of the West's great wild rivers. A handmade dory. And two men, determined to live their dreams -- at any cost. ANYTHING WORTH DOING. http://www.jodeurbrouck.com/

Offline eric

« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2009, 01:16:53 PM »
thank you dear, I needed that.

Offline Hugh

« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2009, 04:45:46 PM »
Hugh, come back, you say. Sorry, Jod, even such a plea from a gorgeous lady is not going to draw me back into this, tempting thought it is.

As for
he knows i'll just beat him senseless if he wants to fight anyway, we already had a duel and he lost.

it just goes to show what a world of make-believe some of these poetry types live in. What I will say is that Ericís poems at least have substance, even if I donít understand some of them, and I respect that.

Nite nite

Hugh

Offline eric

« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2009, 05:07:31 PM »
Again, Hugh proves that he is an exceedingly fine gentleman as well as a good swordsman.

Offline Spell Chick

• Choose well
    • Little Bits of History
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2009, 05:35:23 PM »
This "poem"  ....

well, let me try one.

love

love

love

diapers

====

well, at least it doesn't strive to gain attention by uttering useless banal profanities.

the word fuck is so overused it is useless. it doesn't even mean anything anymore other than one's vocabulary is too limited to actually tell someone off or to express one's outrage adequately.

If this is a poem, I'm waiting for Shakespeare to rise from the dead and hang his head in shame.
Little Bits of History A short essay on something that happened on any day.

Imperfect Reason My thoughts, such as they are.

Offline Mark H

• Middleclass Machismo now available.
Re: frustration (profanity)
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2009, 05:38:45 PM »
ah yes but ...

Good Lord Boyet, my beauty, though but mean,
Needs not the painted flourish of your praise:
Beauty is bought by judgement of the eye,
Not utter'd by base sale of chapmen's tongues.
Buy Bristle Side Down, The Man Who Wore Brown Shoes and Middleclass Machismo here:
http://www.lulu.com/shop/search.ep?contributorId=570142

If poetry is not your thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PueM04F0Qz8 or: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0Zm8cj9MGg

twisted wheel

« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2009, 05:52:53 PM »
i don't know if this is poetry or not but it did evoke an emotional response. LMAO :D

Offline eric

« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2009, 06:35:40 PM »
Patti, my dear, you don't have the faintest idea what you're talking about.  I think Mark got you there.  MC, good point.

Offline Spell Chick

• Choose well
    • Little Bits of History
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2009, 06:39:22 PM »
Thank you Eric. I will now go and purge the two years of college English classes in Literature - my first major. It is a good thing I didn't pursue THAT degree.

Since I seem to be dealing with children, I will quote from a fairy tale.

"The Emperor has no clothes."
Little Bits of History A short essay on something that happened on any day.

Imperfect Reason My thoughts, such as they are.