Author Topic: "Remove" icon  (Read 2280 times)

Offline Pearl L.

• Be a Better Writer
"Remove" icon
« on: August 04, 2009, 12:26:44 AM »
Can anyone tell me why many of my posts would suddenly have "remove" icons beside them? Do I corrupt them if I make a change after I post?
I also changed my nickname for clarity. Would that affect them?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 12:29:01 AM by Pearl L. »
Pearl Luke is the author of two novels, <i>Burning Ground</i> & <i>Madame Zee</i>. Please visit http://www.be-a-better-writer.com/ to read excerpts from the novels, and for advice on writing technique and process, writing resources, writing prompts, character name generator, and much more.

Offline fire-fly

• Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi
Re: "Remove" icon
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 12:53:34 AM »
There has been a few gremlins in the works at the moment mate, I will put your problem to the administrators with the rest of them. He is slowly working his way through each we come to.

Sorry, I can think of no other reason for that warning mate.  ???
I'm A Binge Thinker: Do It A Lot Somedays, Then Not Much At All.

Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it alive. >:D

Offline Pearl L.

• Be a Better Writer
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 01:25:34 AM »
Okay, thank you. I won't worry, then. I thought maybe I had committed some cardinal sin and the Eliminator had come for me.  :D
Pearl Luke is the author of two novels, <i>Burning Ground</i> & <i>Madame Zee</i>. Please visit http://www.be-a-better-writer.com/ to read excerpts from the novels, and for advice on writing technique and process, writing resources, writing prompts, character name generator, and much more.

Offline fire-fly

• Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 03:20:33 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

Not yet mate, not before the first hundred posts.
I'm A Binge Thinker: Do It A Lot Somedays, Then Not Much At All.

Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it alive. >:D

Offline DC

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 03:42:43 AM »
I think you get the 'Remove' option on your own posts, just in case you change your mind about posting it. I removed one of mine from a thread a few days back because I wasn't happy with it...
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - open throttle in the other -
body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming : "Woo Hoo, what
a ride!"

Offline Andrewf

• SciFi and Fantasy are my genre of choice.
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 04:00:18 AM »
Can anyone tell me why many of my posts would suddenly have "remove" icons beside them? Do I corrupt them if I make a change after I post?
I also changed my nickname for clarity. Would that affect them?

If you mean the Remove option at the top right of your post (see image), then you will always get that option on your own posts, unless the post starts a thread and then you won't because removing it would remove the thread.
"If it can't be expressed in figures, it is not science; it is opinion." - L. Long.

Tales from the Circle - A charitable read. http://www.lulu.com/shop/search.ep?contributorId=1146002
Ask about eBook versions if required.

Offline Pearl L.

• Be a Better Writer
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2009, 04:07:04 AM »
Ahhh...that makes perfect sense. Thank you. But why do only some of them have the "remove" button? Only two of my posts begin a thread, so it's not that. Not that it matters. Now I'm only curious.