Author Topic: Obsession - A g rated one shot  (Read 1471 times)

Offline AussieJo

Obsession - A g rated one shot
« on: July 21, 2009, 10:31:47 PM »
I first posted this on a writers site that a Moonlight fanfiction author has set up. It encougages you to post original work as well. I am posting this here to show how much I have gained, and am gaining from my first dip into the amazing world of internet writing! I am still a proud Moonlight fan, although it was cancelled after the first season.

A/N At last! As promised I am posting my contribution to the 'writing in the Second Person' Challenge. This is also my first time posting fic. My thanks to Jen, who has held my hand and given advice. Iím not sure I need to post a disclaimer, but just in case. Moonlight isnít mine. It belongs to other people.
Ok, here we goÖÖÖ.

Obsession - a G-rated one shot

ďAussieJo, your sessions with me are coming to an end. but I sense a reluctance to let this Ďobsessioní as you refer to it, go.
Lets recap on what youíve shared with meÖ..
You got hooked on this television show about vampires, called Moonlight.
What? Fine, fine itís about more than that, thereís love, commitment, betrayal.
insights into how we interact, ok, okÖ..
Wow, you really do love this thing.
So you get on the internet to try and chase up that first episode that you missed and seems to hold the key to why the male and female lead are always running into each other.
And itís there you discover a whole new world!
Itís a totally new show in the US, and itís already very popular. And Australia is only a few episodes behind.
This is amazing to you, because itís a new show in the non-ratings period!
There are all these stories about the characters that fans of the show are writing, and letting everyone read.
Itís called fan fiction.
You become totally addicted. And you still are.
And youíve met friendly, like-minded people that enjoy interacting with you.
You have and are developing computer skills that you didnít possess at the start of being interested in this show.
You have developed an enjoyable hobby, which is helping you to find a new direction in your life.
So, tell me again why you think this a problem?
Because I donít remember telling you it wasÖÖĒ

THE END

Offline jakki

Re: Obsession - A g rated one shot
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 04:38:08 AM »
Nice work on second person, Jo. I like the concept - sounds like the screenplay for a teaser advert. You can certainly write. :)

Jakki
"Any word you have to hunt for in a thesaurus is the wrong word. There are no exceptions to this rule." Stephen King

Offline AussieJo

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 05:02:27 AM »
Ah Jakki! I think I love you!  :-*
Thankyou for your wonderful comment.

Offline jakki

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 05:44:43 AM »
Try putting something in 'Review My Work' - you'll get a lot more feedback (when you're ready for that!)

Thanks for the Moonlight sites - i'll check them out when I have some time. Back to work!

Jakki
"Any word you have to hunt for in a thesaurus is the wrong word. There are no exceptions to this rule." Stephen King

Offline Tina

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 11:55:24 PM »
This was fun to read!  Thanks for sharing it.

Offline AussieJo

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009, 03:30:47 AM »
Thank you Tina!
I was so excited when got the new post alert.
I'm nervous about putting it out there, but it's great to get feedback.