Author Topic: 2009 Anthology  (Read 22161 times)

Offline ma100

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I don't need kinky boots, nothing will beat me.
2009 Anthology
« on: May 09, 2009, 12:17:49 PM »
Christmas Anthology 2009  (Will be published by Salvatore publishing)
After the success of 2008 anthology A writers Christmas, I am now looking at 2009. All writers that were in the anthology are invited, if they so wish, to send me a story. It does not have to be a Christmas story and it is entirely up to you which genre though, as last years, the book will not be for children. You were a fantastic bunch and I was so proud of you all.

A second edition of A writers Christmas, will be released at the same time. The profits this year will be going towards helping child victims of sexual and physical abuse.

Wanting to encourage new writers, I would like to invite submissions from MWC new members as well. I have done this early to give you a lot more time. If you are interested please pm me.  :)

http://www.lulu.com/content/4931358  Last years Anthology
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 05:43:38 PM by ma100 »

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
Re: 2009 Anthology
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 04:22:56 PM »
Magic.  I'm glad to see the Christmas Anthology will be happening again.  Last years was a wonderful mix of tales and styles.

Those of you who are new to this circle could do a lot worse than make inclusion in the 2009 anthology one of your goals.  It's good to have a target.

Gyppo
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Offline Andrewf

• SciFi and Fantasy are my genre of choice.
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 04:42:22 PM »
And will there be a little Gyppo in this Anthology ?? ;D ;D
"If it can't be expressed in figures, it is not science; it is opinion." - L. Long.

Tales from the Circle - A charitable read. http://www.lulu.com/shop/search.ep?contributorId=1146002
Ask about eBook versions if required.

Offline ma100

• Esteemed Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 04:48:32 PM »
I certainly hope so. I still blush when I think of young Stardusts shennanigans. ;D

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 05:39:08 PM »
i promise nothing, but I shall probaby throw my hat into the ring.  Maybe we'll spare Ma's blushes this time ;-)  Or maybe not ;-)

Ma, how about adding a link to last years anthology in your initial post, so anyone new around here can order a copy and see what a fine eclectic mix it was?

Gyppo
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Offline ma100

• Esteemed Contributor
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 05:40:57 PM »
Excellent idea Gyp. Will do.

Offline salvatorepublishing

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2009, 06:05:38 PM »
For anyone who wonders what benefits might be gained by joining in the fun then please check out the website, www.salvatorepublishing.com.
One of last years contributors Miranda Dickinson kindly agreed to be interviewed by Salvatore after she won a three book deal with Avon (a Harper Collins subsiduary). Obviously, Miranda was given the contract on the merits of her novel 'Coffee at Koswalski's' BUT when her publisher asked for her writing credits, Miranda pointed to her story in the 2008 Christmas anthology.

My point? Well, writing credits are writing credits, however small the publication.

Ma is running the show on the 2009 anthology from the story content to the choice of charity. She did an amazing job last year, particularly on the editing side (any mistakes were mine), along with Louis on artwork and FireFly (Linda) providing much needed support behind the scenes (as well as the most bizarre Santa story I've ever read). If you do decide to contribute, please help Ma by sticking to the submission guidelines she gives you (particularly the formatting of your work). Also, please remember that stories may be subject to 'light' editing before publication.

Many thanks

Guy   

Offline Nick

• Nick Daws
  • Retired from running MWC but still writing!
    • Entrepreneur Writer
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2009, 03:54:15 AM »
It would be useful to know the target length you are looking for and the deadline for submissions. Also, do contributions have to be original, or will you accept work that has been published before?

Thanks!

Nick  :)
Check out my writing blog at www.entrepreneurwriter.net. I also have a new UK personal finance blog called Pounds and Sense.

Offline salvatorepublishing

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2009, 06:38:19 AM »
Hi Nick,

The deadlines and length of the stories are down to Ma, but I can tell you that the stories may be duplicated elsewhere.

twisted wheel

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2009, 06:42:22 AM »
come on then ma - spill the beans mate
 :)

Offline ma100

• Esteemed Contributor
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2009, 07:53:48 AM »
Blimey!! What a great response in pms, you guys are truly the best. I posted early really just to gauge interest and I am glad I did now. :)

Okay here are some guidelines to work too, they are not set in stone yet. :-\

All authors in last years project I will pm over the next week. They have the same word counts they were given last year if they so wish to participate. We will be accepting previously published works as long as you still retain the rights.

The maximum word count for new submissions will be about 3000 words, but if you are over slightly not to worry too much. The minimum will be around 500 words.

For the newbies, I feel a maximum word count of 1500 because I don't want to overwhelm you.

Okay now I would like all submissions to be in no later than 30th of September.

But to set rules in stone I do need to know the interest of you all. So please pm me and I will confirm individual word counts for each person. This worked well last year for filling the anthology so I don't feel it necessary to change the game this year. So get writing . ;D

I hope this helps.

Ma :)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 07:59:01 AM by ma100 »

Offline ma100

• Esteemed Contributor
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2009, 11:06:58 AM »
Well I am amazed. Not only have I had confirmation from 6 of the original authors already, I have had the first story submitted and it's great.
WOW :o

Offline ma100

• Esteemed Contributor
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2009, 07:21:44 AM »
Go for it Leah. ;D ;D

Offline ma100

• Esteemed Contributor
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2009, 07:34:01 AM »
Okay. ;)

twisted wheel

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2009, 07:40:16 AM »
i'm almost done ma. will be sending my own brand of christmas cheer - pain, agony and death. all the usual ingredients ;D