Author Topic: word attachment  (Read 763 times)

Offline hazvy

• almost @ the end of first novel...
word attachment
« on: June 01, 2009, 08:15:01 AM »
please help if you can;

I'm currently doing a distance writing course but I'm having trouble to send it off on e-mail as my tutor has asked me to send my three questions as a single attachment but I had already saved them separately in word so how do I get to attach them to an e-mail as one. I have been trying but my e-mail is attaching each separately.

thank you in advance.

hazvy
though I might be doing other kinds of jobs it's just to pay my bills while I launch my real dream career; Writer

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
Re: word attachment
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 09:51:32 AM »
I don't use Word, but the obvious answer to me is to cut and paste the contents of your three attachments into a new and larger single attachment.  Once you're syure it's all there delete the three smaller attachments and attach the larger one.  One of the great strengths of computers is the cut and paste, so make it work for you instead of against you ;-)

Gyppo
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Offline Hugh

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 09:58:45 AM »
I use Word, and one possible way could be to open My Documents (or the equivalent if you don't have Windows XP), create a new folder, drag and drop the separate files into it, then send the folder as an attachment. Or is that more or less what Gyppo has just said? But then, I'm no computer whizz and could be talking complete rubbish. Worth a try, though.

Hugh
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 10:00:37 AM by Hugh »

Offline hazvy

• almost @ the end of first novel...
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 06:16:16 PM »
Gyppo, Hugh,

Thank you very much for the advice. It helped a lot. I cut and paste[ though it wasn't easy as it was my 1st time but I did it at last ;D]

Many thanx,

hazvy
though I might be doing other kinds of jobs it's just to pay my bills while I launch my real dream career; Writer

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 06:25:25 PM »
I'm glad it worked.  Like a lot of things in word processing it gets easier if you do it regularly.  If you only do it occasionally you probably spend far too much time worrying you'll make a mistake and lose everything ;-)

Gyppo
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1