Poll

Which title best sums up the plot of my vampire novel?

Bad Blood
4 (21.1%)
Blood Feud
5 (26.3%)
New Blood
2 (10.5%)
Blood Uprising
5 (26.3%)
Mixed Blood
2 (10.5%)
Blood Creations
1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: Title for my Vampire Novel  (Read 5120 times)

Offline emma112

• Fantasy heals the wounds of reality.
Title for my Vampire Novel
« on: May 08, 2009, 08:19:13 PM »
Hey, guys!  :)

I recently posted a thread asking whether my title (Blood Revolution) for my vampire novel, was eye-catching or not. A lot of people said that the title was good, but they suggested others that seemed to work better.
Thatollie also suggested that I post a poll. So I am!  ;D

Here is a reminder of the summary of the plot for my novel:
Well, the main idea of the story is about vampires. Obviously.
These vampires do not live with humans and try to hide themselves away from the rest of the world.
However, there is one vampire who is a scientist and he starts to experiment on humans, because he has an idea whether he could create another kind of vampire-race.
A lot of the experiments go wrong, but finally he manages to create a hybrid vampire. The scientist goes crazy with power and ends up creating a whole army of these hybrids. The hybrids are much stronger than 'normal' vampires and are deadly creatures. The scientist  wants to take over the world, but the 'normal' vampires go against him. 
Towards the end the vampires and hybrids go to war with each other...

Please vote for your favourite title!
And I just want to thank everyone who commented on my thread and suggested such good titles. They were so good, I didn't know which one to choose!  :D

Emma x x x
Vanity and pride are different things, though the words are often used synonymously. A person may be proud without being vain. Pride relates more to our opinion of ourselves, vanity to what we would have others think of us - Jane Austen (Pride and Prejudice)

Offline eric

Re: Title for my Vampire Novel
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 11:10:07 PM »
Emma, I don't see how to change my vote, but I want to vote for Gyppo's, so I'll just say it.  I think it is really good.  (Blood Feud)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 11:13:15 PM by eric »

Offline Matt Walker

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 05:05:20 AM »
I went for Bad Blood because I like the alliteration  ;D
Represented by Sarah Manning of The Agency Group/United Talent Agency

www.walkerproductions.co.uk

Offline Snowe

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 09:17:15 AM »
Voted for Blood Uprising, it kinda gives the reader a brief idea about the story.

How bout Bloody Rebellion? I think that sounds good.

Just a suggestion.

-Snowe

Offline eric

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 02:46:06 PM »
I don't see a revolt or rebellion going on here, so uprising does not seem to fit.  Also, it's abstract.  But if you do go that way, leave off the y on Bloody and keep it short:

Blood Rising

amytron

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 08:26:02 PM »
Not on the list but, based on the previous post to this, I personally like Rising Blood. Probably because of the phrase 'rising damp' which makes it kind of a play on words. Good luck with your novel, vampires are always a winner!  :)

Offline emma112

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2009, 07:57:07 AM »
Thanks you all for voting!  ;D

Emma, I don't see how to change my vote, but I want to vote for Gyppo's, so I'll just say it.  I think it is really good.  (Blood Feud)

Eric, for some reason it won't let me change the settings of the poll so I can let people change their vote. I'll have to try again later.

How bout Bloody Rebellion?

Thank you for the suggestion, Snowe. But, I agree with Eric. There isn't really a rebellion going on. The book is just mainly based on the fact that a new species has been created, and are planning on going to war with the rest of the world. They plan on capturing more humans to create an even bigger race of hybrids. However, the vampires go against them and that is how the war starts.
Which is why I like Blood Feud (thanks Gyppo  :)). It just makes complete sense. Yet again, I like New Blood as well, because that also makes sense about the new species.

And thank you, amytron for your suggestion.
I will definitely have to think a lot about this. Who knew that a title could be such hard work?  :D
Vanity and pride are different things, though the words are often used synonymously. A person may be proud without being vain. Pride relates more to our opinion of ourselves, vanity to what we would have others think of us - Jane Austen (Pride and Prejudice)

Offline eric

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2009, 11:42:19 AM »
Time to write your book now, dear.

Offline emma112

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2009, 05:44:11 PM »
Hm, well I'm thinking that it's going to be just a little more difficult to write the book than figuring out the title... heh.
I haven't actually managed to write a lot these past few weeks; I've been a little distracted.   :D
But, I think I will get back into the swing of it soon. Maybe when life calms down a little.

I think knowing the title helps you to think more of the plot, to make it work more I guess. That's why I wanted to know what people thought.
I'm glad I did post this, because you have all helped me to figure out some things and tie some loose ends. Thanks!  ;D

Offline emma112

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2009, 06:14:42 AM »
Okay, well it looks like there is a tie between the two titles:

1. Bad Blood
2. Blood Feud

I know on the poll it says that Bad Blood has 4 votes, and Blood Feud only has two. But, Eric changed his vote from Bad Blood to Blood Feud, so that makes it a tie.

Darn... I don't know which one to choose!  :D

Offline Hypothesis

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2009, 09:59:57 PM »
I voted Blood Feud because it brings to mind of two opposing sides, possibly related to each other in some way (Family Feuds like in Romeo and Juliet or something else) while Bad Blood just suggests that someone, somewhere (single protagonist) had a disagreement that escalated into a conflict. I feel that the former fits the plot of the novel (hybrid vamps against normal vamps) than the latter, but that's just me.  :-X
"Waste not, want not. Work not, eat not. Laugh not, heal not. Write not, live not." ~Hypothesis

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2009, 08:08:09 AM »

Darn... I don't know which one to choose!  :D

Just call it 'My Bloody Book' for now and get on with writing it ;-)

Gyppo
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Offline eric

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2009, 12:07:28 PM »
I agree with Gyppo!  Although I can barely remember what I learned of young women and their distractions back in the day, knowing what I know of you I rather doubt your life will ever calm down again -- or at least anytime soon.  That's not an excuse to keep from writing, though.  Someday you will write your book(s), and you'll want to use both those titles.  In the meantime, a provisional bloody mess will do quite well for the work in progress ...

Offline emma112

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2009, 10:14:55 AM »
Thanks for your vote and your view, Hypothesis!  :)
Yes, I think Blood Feud will do well for this book.

Maybe I could use Bad Blood for the next book I will write. I will definitely be writing a few more books to make a series.

Just call it 'My Bloody Book' for now and get on with writing it ;-)

;D I'm starting to write more now. I just didn't have time before, so I thought I would concentrate on something less demanding, such as the title. It actually has got me more motivated.

Although I can barely remember what I learned of young women and their distractions back in the day, knowing what I know of you I rather doubt your life will ever calm down again -- or at least anytime soon.

I agree, Eric. I don't think my life will calm down much too soon, either. I think it will get even busier, especially in the summer.
But, you're right. I need to write more. So I am.  ;D

Thank you to everyone for commenting and voting on the title choices!  :)

Offline lozbud

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2009, 04:00:36 AM »
Hey Emma

Good idea to have the poll but i guess i would be a hypocrite if i didn't vote for my idea "Blood Creations" still seems to make the most sense to me, but that's me  ;D

Definitly agree though that you need to get stuck into the writing and maybe it will just present itself to you as you go.

loz :)