Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 14442 times)

Offline Nick

• Nick Daws
  • Retired from running MWC but still writing!
    • Entrepreneur Writer
Hello!
« on: December 10, 2005, 05:10:42 AM »
Hello, and welcome to My Writers Circle! Though despite the name, I very much hope you will regard it as YOUR writers circle!

I should probably start by introducing myself. I'm Nick Daws, a UK-based professional freelance writer. I'm the author of around 50 non-fiction books, as well as numerous published articles, short stories and other projects. I'm also the author of the courses 'Write Any Book in Under 28 Days' and 'Quick Cash Writing', both published by White Cliff Computing Limited (who also provide the technical expertise behind this forum). I have a homepage at http://www.nickdaws.co.uk and also a blog at http://mywritingblog.com.

This forum is provided for buyers of my courses, and also writers who haven't bought them (yet!), to share ideas, find writing partners and collaborators, post and find writing jobs and opportunities, ask (and answer) writing-related questions, get feedback on their work, or just generally chew the fat about the writing life. Please do register if you haven't already and start posting today. With your help, I hope that Mywriterscircle.com will soon become the Internet's most popular writing community!
Check out my writing blog at www.entrepreneurwriter.net. I also have a new UK personal finance blog called Pounds and Sense.

Offline iankluckow

Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2005, 09:31:50 AM »
Hmmm - this is new to me.
Whaddo I do now? :-\

Offline Nick

• Nick Daws
    • Entrepreneur Writer
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 04:39:03 AM »
Hi Ian

Well, you've registered and made your first post, so that's a good start!

Seriously, feel free to use this forum in any way you wish to help further your writing interests. As mentioned, you can post questions about any aspect of writing, seek out potential collaborators or expert interviewees, post short samples of your work for feedback, and much more.

Just a couple of things to bear in mind in order to get the most from the forum. First of all, choose the board which is most appropriate for your posting. If you want feedback on your writing, post your message on the Review My Work board, for example. And second, if you are starting a new topic (or 'thread' in forum-speak), click first on the New Topic button at the top of the board concerned.

Once again, thank you for your interest in registering on this forum. I know it's a bit quiet at the moment, but we've literally only been going for a day or two. Very soon I hope the forum will be heaving with interesting messages, so don't forget to bookmark the page now and return to it often!

Nick
Check out my writing blog at www.entrepreneurwriter.net. I also have a new UK personal finance blog called Pounds and Sense.

Offline writeboy

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2005, 11:01:29 AM »
Hi Nick,
Just a note to say HI and thank you. It was through your e-writer newsletter that I landed some useful paying assignments with White Cliff. Thanks to them, I've just been asked to write some e-books as well.

Cheers!

Mel

Offline Nick

• Nick Daws
    • Entrepreneur Writer
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2005, 12:33:04 PM »
Thanks, Mel. All power to you for following up the lead!

Nick GM

Lin

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2005, 01:29:26 PM »
Good Luck with the new forum just testing it out to see how user friendly it is, back soon with some topics I hope. ::)
Lin

Offline Nick

• Nick Daws
    • Entrepreneur Writer
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2005, 02:00:12 PM »
Thanks, Lin. Hope to see you again soon!

Nick GM

English

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2005, 08:51:21 AM »
Hello from the States.