Author Topic: RPG/Fan Fiction/Blogging  (Read 2510 times)

Offline Blacknova

Re: RPG/Fan Fiction/Blogging
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2009, 12:20:22 PM »
 :-[ Sorry i forgot to ask last time but what was your pen name for fanfiction.net. *Sweat Drop*

Offline matoake

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2009, 09:27:34 PM »
I've done RPG-ing with a few online writing groups, and even enjoy the times when it's done in person. Sometime I'd like to go "whole hog" and do LARP. Looks like fun!  ;D

As far as the online RPG writing, currently I'm with Section 47 (a Star Trek RPG), and a few years ago I was doing a couple scenes with a group called Christians of Antioch, but they ... ahhh... phased out.

Offline Carpe_Noctum

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2009, 02:28:58 AM »
*gigglesnort* I am in total agreement.

I do all three-- well, used to. I used to love writing fanfics, all the time, for a few different fandoms-- but I've retired to mostly trying to create original material. However, I'm incredibly active in quite a few RPGs-- not only classic tabletop RPs, but a variety of online third-person literary RPs that I find help stimulate the creative mind and are great creative writing practices and exercises. Over the many years I've been doing them, they've really helped build up my vocabulary, structure, dialouge... everything. I highly recommend joining one! In addition, I often participate in LARPs-- they really help with quick-paced responses and develop helpful skills that can have you thinking on your feet at the drop of a hat.

I do minimal blogging. I usually keep them just to update on my friends' lives, not to actually post myself--  but once in a blue moon I get the urge to go off and write a long post about something. I'm not such a huge fan of facebook, myspace, or twitter-- but I do enjoy livejournal at times. :)

Dia~
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 02:30:54 AM by Carpe_Noctum »