Author Topic: Snap.crackle and popalina. Will u reed me again.....  (Read 2571 times)

GondorianPrincess

Re: Snap.crackle and popalina. Will u reed me again.....
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2009, 03:35:28 PM »
Thank you Brazinbox. I try.  :D

Imp-Poster, I do like your work. Please don't be mad at me!
Keep it simple and everything else will fall into place. but write the thing first. *lol*  :D

Offline Imp-poster

• Tweet--Sweet
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2009, 10:24:16 AM »
Hey hey hey people. Thanks for the advice. Definately true about, maybe i should just write it. Then try editing.

Its pretty funny cause i keep editing even though i have not yet finished..which makes things even longer.

Thanks Nilly. Glad to know you like it.

Whilst I hopefully Have both you attentions. Was wondering. Is it okay to write a book. That doesn't trully have a bad guy. OKAY there is one dude. Thats evil, by normal (who decides what normal is??) standards, but he does what he does for the greater good.

Will the reader feel cheated if they cant be like. Yep..he is the bad guy... Or does it not matter.

AlSO crap its hard trying to write during exam periods. SUCKS big time.  ???

Thanks in advance.

Also...will you be putting up any more extracts. Im eager to find out what happens in both your books.  :)
Time never waIts. So DanCe Wit Me. ReLax. BaSk In Som IdioCy

Offline BrazinBox

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2009, 01:22:13 PM »
Well, first, editing even though your not finished is fine, I still do that.
Two, the primary need for an evil character is to further the storyline and keep a balance between two people. The story can't always be about one person, having a second person to go against, even if its another good person(or chaotic good/neutral). You can make some random encounters w/ evil NPC's persay, but they can just be used to further along the character development. For example, on character encounters a group of bandits thats threatening to kill a woman if the hero dose not stop, and attacks wounding the hostage but killing the bandit, he then begins to change and wonders weather the ends always justify the means, or maybe he could have been seriously wounded for not attacking the woman, and the bandit got away. After healing up, he wanders down the randomly to find the woman dead on the side beaten and such. So, no an evil character isn't always needed.

As for my story, I want to get around to editing it, but I haven't had much of a chance, the excerpt I posted was written months ago and I haven't had the time to get back to it, I need to begin scheduling my time better and sacrifice some things to further the process along.

Offline Imp-poster

• Tweet--Sweet
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2009, 11:08:06 AM »
Aha. I see. Makes perfect sense.

I must make my characters run into random people more frequently in my book.

so far they have only been running into each other. lol. Or people that arn't so much evil.

Offline BrazinBox

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2009, 12:54:17 PM »
Just remember, the concept of what is evil is in the mind of the reader. What I consider to be evil may not be what you consider to be evil, so don't try to please everyone, write for yourself and others will like it, if not, then too bad for them.

Offline Imp-poster

• Tweet--Sweet
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2009, 09:33:05 AM »
thanking you. i thought i already replied to this. Guess not.  :-\