Author Topic: Writing Thru Pain  (Read 1049 times)

Offline suspense65

Writing Thru Pain
« on: April 29, 2006, 02:11:49 PM »
 :'( I am going thru a divorce. My husband of 10 years fell out of love with me.  I am trying to write but it is so hard. When my pen hits the paper, there is nothing. The pen refuses to write and my hand refuses to move. Help  ???

Offline Cathy C

• Procrastination is the thief of time.
Re: Writing Thru Pain
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 02:27:09 PM »
Don't bottle it up girl. Write through the pain, and the anger (I'm sure there's lots of that inside you too.)

Don't think about what you're writing, just get it down, even if its gobblygook. It will get easier, I promise you.

HINT: Maybe you could pretend you're writing him a letter - get all the bile, the hurt out of your system. The beauty of this is you can say what you want, how you want it and no one has to read it but you.

Good Luck and persevere

CATHY C.
Novel: Where There’s Smoke. Published by Fireborn publishing http://amzn.to/2tZKNCn

Short Story: A Killer Week Published by Bridge House http://amzn.to/2rhLVAX

Offline patriciak

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2006, 03:28:13 PM »
That's excellent advice from Cathy C. Whenever I am upset with someone. I sit down and write them a letter - telling them exactly how I feel. I don't hold back and sometimes my keyboard practically melts with the acid pouring from my words. Sometimes it practically drowns in my tears. I never send the letter but I print it out and hold a little ceremony as I burn it. It's a very cathartic act. Hang on in there. At times like these it's always all the old cliches that come to the fore, but they're no less true for being a cliche. Time does heal wounds; when one door closes another opens; everything happens for a reason; you are never alone.

Pat

Pat

MoreThanWords

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2006, 12:31:04 AM »
I wrote a Journal when my 18 year marriage ended suddenly.  It's not anything I'd want to share with anyone, but it is now -- 20 years later -- fodder for material I might put out there for the world to see.  Best of all, it helps you to get it all out.  I went from sudden breakup to divorce in less than 3 months and my writing was what made it all bearable.   :o