Author Topic: Copyright on phrase?  (Read 1744 times)

Zoe

Copyright on phrase?
« on: April 29, 2006, 11:58:01 AM »
Hi everyone,

i wonder if anyone can help out with my question.

I have a particular phrase i want to use as a brand name. So i googled it and so many entries came up!
Granted i will be a great success, is there anyway of securing a phrase even though its already being used elsewhere?
Eg. I want to call my newsletter "Zoe Live" or (Zoe living)- Spirit, Soul & Body Wellnes Tips.(resources)
Marketing booklets, journals, audio resources, e-books with related topics, hold seminars and workshops etc(merchandising basically)

Another phrase is " Daughter of Destiny" i already had a  womens meeting  with that title and the year before i found lots of other "Daughters of destiny" meetings  the other day on the internet :o

So can i use these phrases or copyright them?

feedback highly appreciated.
Zoe

Offline HoneyV

Re: Copyright on phrase?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 07:15:39 PM »
Hi Zoe

:) Let's put it this way, you can use similar names so long as you don't claim copyright to them. An easier way to narrow things down for copyrighting is to use key but short symbolic numbers or letters to your distinguish yourself, e.g Zoe247, Fr33 for Free, Destiny Deal or Destiny Dames instead of just Destiny Daughters (something of that nature anyway, so just like the drink 7up, ever thought of what it means, I don't know) 

Let's hope it makes a little sense, good luck!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 07:20:11 PM by HoneyV »

Zoe

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 11:06:24 AM »
Hi Honey,
thanks  alot. Sure that makes sense and helps.  I like the Destiny Dames, sounds real  8)

Lets see how that ends up, guess i will take some stickys and brainstorm abit.

To your successful writing, all the best.
Zoe

Offline HoneyV

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2006, 10:06:47 AM »
Well hallo now!

Nice pic Zoe, you sound really positive about your projects, I guess that's what it takes (good luck)