Author Topic: How evil is too evil?  (Read 17770 times)

Offline RandomAmber

• Loneliness is about the scariest thing out there.
Re: How evil is too evil?
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2009, 02:19:31 PM »
Yeah, people and thats it. I agree with thall you said ThatOllie the different way of dealing with things and its always fascinating how people deal with their own dark pasts.  And what form they take.  I think thats why a lot of the good thillers/crime etc hold our attention.  BTW I have no idea what PG-13 is...Now I look stoopid lol. 

Nelodra

« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2009, 02:23:26 PM »
You know, I really wonder how it'll feel like if I had amnesia... :-\

I could tell you. Experienced plenty of it. It's no fun.
But it helps with the writing.  ;D

Nelodra

« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2009, 02:29:33 PM »
After all, what do the neighbors always say after they discover their fellow neighbor was a serial killer?

"But, he was such a quiet and nice guy..."

Now it's interesting that you should bring that up, Wolfe.
My sister had a neighbour, a really nice woman, and we got along quite well with her. We would go and drink tea with her, listen to her stories... boy, did she know how to tell a good story.

A couple of years later that same woman poisoned her inlaws to death and didn't get caught until she tried to poison her husband to death, too.  :o

It felt like such a shock. We'd been drinking tea at her place so often!

Offline thatLous

• formerly ThatLouie ;)
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2009, 02:31:19 PM »
Nobody ever notices that minor thing on the DVDs, anyway, but it'd be one of the things that you need to learn when you get to...

... fandom land...

I think it means Parental Guidance? With all the daark forces crawling around the net (and everywhere nowadays), PG-13 is something that kids who're 13 and under could read or watch. Take... er- 300? Was that movie... Okay, stupid question. I can't think of a PG-13 movie without embarrassing myself ;D

I could tell you. Experienced plenty of it. It's no fun.
But it helps with the writing.  ;D

How does it help? Usually I do a lot of 'glare at monitor with glazed look' before I get to a nice sentence... I'm sure all of you have experienced that before ;D

Offline thatLous

• formerly ThatLouie ;)
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2009, 02:33:56 PM »
Now it's interesting that you should bring that up, Wolfe.
My sister had a neighbour, a really nice woman, and we got along quite well with her. We would go and drink tea with her, listen to her stories... boy, did she know how to tell a good story.

A couple of years later that same woman poisoned her inlaws to death and didn't get caught until she tried to poison her husband to death, too.  :o

It felt like such a shock. We'd been drinking tea at her place so often!

This other guy was such a good lier that, after killing his whole family, he moved on to make another one (and planned to kill them next) :-\ Ed Gein's neighbors believed that the guy was 'a nice and quiet man' until they heard about all the... disturbing furniture in his house.

It's kind of weird (and creepy) that someone that you'd trust so much would end up to be such a nutjob who's capable of offing you any minute... yeesh...

Offline RandomAmber

« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2009, 02:39:07 PM »
I only know of PG U UU Ua 15 and 18. 

Fandomland...?  Is there a test on this?  Did I miss something in class?  lol.  again what is Fandomland? Sorry for being dense but I'm replying to letters and writing lol

Nelodra

« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2009, 02:40:40 PM »
How does it help? Usually I do a lot of 'glare at monitor with glazed look' before I get to a nice sentence... I'm sure all of you have experienced that before ;D

How does having experience amnesia - or other weird stuff - help with the writing?
Easy. once you've experienced something, you know what it feels like, and that makes it just so much easier to write about it. Also, don't forget you can take your own experiences out of their original context and use them for your characters in a completely different context.

So, erm... if you've had weird and vivid nightmares, and you would want to write a story about a psychotic, it would be possible to take the images of the nightmares - and your feelings of anxiety, e.g. during those nightmares - and turn them into full-fledged hallucinations.

Easy peasy.  ;D

Offline RandomAmber

« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2009, 02:51:22 PM »
Thats a good way of looking at it.  the odd things we deal with helps us as writiers if not anywhere else.  It opens up new ways of exploring the "What would have happened if i had done this"  within the characters we create..

Look at me all writery

Offline thatLous

• formerly ThatLouie ;)
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2009, 02:52:00 PM »
Fandomland is a very scary place on the internet, with fangirls and fanboys doing whatever they can (and whatever they want to do) to show their love for their favorite TV shows, books, etc. Shield your eyes, RA! Forget about the accursed place! :o :o

Ah- I thought that amnesia helps you write in general :D It helps a lot to pretend, too... especially when you're writing about being a stalker. Why, I stalked people back in my old school to yeah.... too much information (sorry)

GondorianPrincess

« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2009, 02:56:56 PM »
I like fandomland, but, I am very careful in where I go and what I do. Not mention that Papa has a nanny program on all the comps in the house. I would move out if I had the money, but alas, I don't. *lol*

Yeah, SK's are good at making others look past them. YOu look to the dude who is loitering down the street, not the dude who's pruning his roses like he does every saturday!

Offline RandomAmber

« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2009, 03:02:43 PM »
Oh, the fan fiction and things like that I see...Thanks for explaining I had no idea what that ref was.  I am writing and replying so brain is working overtime...Who said "What brain?"  lol

GondorianPrincess

« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2009, 03:19:25 PM »
Oh, the fan fiction and things like that I see...Thanks for explaining I had no idea what that ref was.  I am writing and replying so brain is working overtime...Who said "What brain?"  lol

I love fan fiction. My siblings make fun of me for it. I tried to explain that it was practice for my original writing. But their brats so I gave up and no just stick my tongue out at them whenever they act like retards! *lol*

Offline thatLous

• formerly ThatLouie ;)
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2009, 03:34:25 PM »
Tell them: If you can make it in Fandomland, you can make it anywhere ;D

GondorianPrincess

« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2009, 03:36:10 PM »
Only people who take it seriously. Those 13 year olds who think its cool to write fic with terrible spelling and grammar and text talk need to just bugger off! *lol*

Wolfe

« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2009, 04:33:12 PM »
Just goes to show that the worst (or best) villains are sometimes the ones the protagonist least suspects ... or the victims...

Wolfe