Author Topic: Writers FM - The only radio station by writers, for writers  (Read 8641 times)

Offline karlmoore

• Esteemed Contributor
    • Karl Moore.com
Writers FM - The only radio station by writers, for writers
« on: April 28, 2006, 08:18:18 AM »
If you're looking to HEAR about writing, be sure to check out the only radio station by writers, for writers:

http://www.writersfm.com/

It's not glamorous and it's not intended to turn anyone into a superstar. But it DOES include a number of great interviews, included features with Nick Daws and Jo Condrill. If you're interested, check out the site.

Enjoy!

tharpa

Re: Writers FM - The only radio station by writers, for writers
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 12:32:55 PM »
Unfortunately, I can't listen to it. I have dial-up access. For whatever reason, it won't open in Real Player, but it will in Windows Media which won't buffer correctly. I get this alot. Radio stations which let me play in Real, always no problem. Windows Media, sometimes okay, usually not. Quiicktime, forget it.

Offline Lanista

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 03:34:32 AM »
I'm on broadband, and I couldn't access the the stream either.  :(

Offline Nick

• Nick Daws
  • Retired from running MWC but still writing!
    • Entrepreneur Writer
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006, 04:11:49 AM »
WritersFM definitely won't work on dial-up connections. I've asked Karl about this myself. It's something to do with the bit rate at which data is streamed by the radio station, but don't ask me to go into any more detail than that!

WritersFM definitely SHOULD work on broadband, however. If you are unable to access it, I suggest sending a PM to karlmoore (first post in this thread). I'm sure he'd like to know about any problems, or he may be able to suggest changes you can make to your set-up to get you listening.

Nick  :)
Check out my writing blog at www.entrepreneurwriter.net. I also have a new UK personal finance blog called Pounds and Sense.

Offline michellej

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2006, 03:58:40 PM »
Can any writer be a guest on this show? I am new to this just want to know.

Offline Nick

• Nick Daws
    • Entrepreneur Writer
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2006, 04:14:31 AM »
Any writer who has achieved some success, e.g. getting a book published, can in principle be a guest. You DON'T have to be famous! If you are interested, get in touch with Karl and tell him a bit about yourself and your writing/publishing achievements.

Check out my writing blog at www.entrepreneurwriter.net. I also have a new UK personal finance blog called Pounds and Sense.

Offline Nick

• Nick Daws
    • Entrepreneur Writer
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2006, 11:23:45 AM »
A new interview has just appeared on WritersFM. It's with Jeff Phelps, a first-time novelist, and the interview is also available for download separately as a podcast. It's well worth a listen, especially if you have ambitions of writing a novel and getting it published yourself.

I've put a few more comments about Jeff and his book Painter Man on my blog at www.mywritingblog.com.

Offline WeAreWriters

• My two babies ^_^
    • We Are Writers
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2006, 01:20:02 PM »
MyWritersCircle is being mentioned on the Radio ^_^

Offline WeAreWriters

• My two babies ^_^
    • We Are Writers
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2006, 01:38:04 PM »
Hey, is Nick on this site, the same as the one on the radio at the moment? O.o

Offline Nick

• Nick Daws
    • Entrepreneur Writer
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2006, 02:17:24 PM »
Hi Louise

Yes, I expect that's me you're listening to, if you're tuned in to WritersFM. My interview comes round quite regularly!

Offline WeAreWriters

• My two babies ^_^
    • We Are Writers
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2006, 02:23:31 PM »
wow, nice one!  I've been listening to the station for a while, its a break from listening to Kerragn, Virgin or XFM :D

Offline editingisme

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2006, 12:25:43 PM »
i think this is a very neat radio station.  i was wondering if satillite radio listeners can access your broadcast.  also, since it appears the radio station is in its early stages of growing, you may wish to seek sponsours/backers for support.  i would strongly recommend writers.com, and mediabistro.com  perhaps if you approached them about running ad & event announcements they'll gladly donate to your cause. 

cheers.
Your Online Publishing Community: Editors & Writers
http://www.7publishersavenue.com

Offline McWawa

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2007, 04:26:32 PM »
Just streamed into the station, broadband connection, Windows Media Player, no problem except that sound only comes through one speaker.
I'm looking forward to tuning in again and wish to ask if there is a play list available somewhere that one knows what's coming up or what is available to hear at sometime ? Maybe i missed a link and didnt see the info !

bryan
"Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?",
Axel Oxenstierna