Author Topic: Well maybe I am still so confused, just a little...  (Read 11304 times)

Offline eric

Re: Well maybe I am still so confused, just a little...
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2008, 01:18:35 PM »
Yes Mark, absolutely agree with your larger point, it is right on the mark, so to speak.  But as to that other thing ... I did go through the alternatives before I wrote that ... let's see ...

oops, someone is annoying me claiming my attention ... be back with you in a sec or two ...

Offline eric

« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2008, 01:30:49 PM »
Okay, if it was a double bluff, then Gray's still bluffing ... if it started out as a bluff, but some greater poet (I'm not using the A-word) convinced you it was a thing worth making, she could either have been right, wrong or bluffing ... if she was right, it was a bluff worth making, but still a bluff ... if she was wrong, it was still a bluff ... if she was bluffing, the thing was a double bluff and you were out in the woods ... if Gray believed the any of the bluffs, which I think he did, he was also out in the woods ... if Gray did not believe any of the bluffs, but pretended he did, he was bluffing ... so either you bluffed Gray, or Gray bluffed us ... but if A-person bluffed you and Gray and you sincerely passed that on, I was wrong, there is a third alternative, it's a triple bluff, and it's all Amie's fault.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 01:33:57 PM by eric »

Offline Akeith (Gray)

• Waiting for a drink...
« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2008, 01:34:08 PM »
Mark, eric, thatollie, and Jade:

I really appreciate all four of you for providing input into a lively [i]arguement[/i] debate discussion[/i] brouhaha (or would that be brew-hee-hee?).

This thread has certainly been made interesting and entertaining by everyone's comments and banter.

Gray
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 01:35:57 PM by Gray »

Offline Akeith (Gray)

• Waiting for a drink...
« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2008, 01:42:48 PM »
Kool, eric.

Let's blame Amie (since she did not contribute to this thread, unless my tired old eyes deceive me). After all, if Amie hasn't given an opinion here, then by all that is fair and right, she should be blamed for all or none of what has been stated.  :D

Better yet, let's blame it on the rain (or depending on where one lives, on the lack there of). That would make more sense than blaming a brilliant poet who has not commented as of yet on this thread.
 ;)

Gray

Offline eric

« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2008, 01:56:23 PM »
No, I think we should blame Amie for the rain, too (or snow in my case--the mountains have had a good share lately).  She is brilliant, isn't she?  I have no compunction in saying that.  And since I worship her, I blame her for everything.  That's only fair, isn't it?

p.s.  Take a close look at the old posts to gauge Amie's nefarious role in this particular matter.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 01:59:47 PM by eric »

Offline Akeith (Gray)

• Waiting for a drink...
« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2008, 02:34:39 PM »
She is worshipful, yes? :D

(Is worshipful a word? I suppose I could ask the Most Holy High See's Counsel on Epistles or one of my former English Professors, if I can find one of them?  Or I could just look it up.)

And she is very talented.

(...Amie? You there? Are your ears itching?...  ;) )

Offline eric

« Reply #66 on: December 21, 2008, 02:55:29 PM »
She is nefarious.  Worshipful is a word, but it describes the worshipper or his act, not the object of the veneration.  I spoke of her in a worshipful manner.  To say she was worthy of worship, you would say venerable or something.  But she might not like the sound of that, heh heh.  But I am sure she's sick of this, so let's quit it.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 09:32:25 PM by eric »

Offline Akeith (Gray)

• Waiting for a drink...
« Reply #67 on: December 21, 2008, 06:23:23 PM »
Thanks for the English lesson, eric. I've learned something new.

I agree; Amie is probably sick of this. Best let it rest.  ;)

eric

Offline eric

« Reply #68 on: December 21, 2008, 07:13:52 PM »
Hello, eric.  I thought your name was Gray.  How are you this fine evening?  Well, actually, don't answer that.  Just fine, thank you.  There you go ... is the echo chamber working?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 07:26:42 PM by eric »

Offline Akeith (Gray)

• Waiting for a drink...
« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2008, 08:46:55 PM »
Gray I mean eric:

Well, this (or that) certainly explains a lot...and I haven't even been drinking. :-\

Gray  ::)

Offline eric

« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2008, 09:30:31 PM »
Heh, heh, heh.  Thank you for a pleasant laugh, eric Gray.

Gray  eric
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 11:43:31 PM by eric »

Offline Jade

« Reply #71 on: December 28, 2008, 07:03:34 PM »
At the risk of beating a dead horse...

Look what I found in the archives... http://www.mywriterscircle.com/index.php?topic=17081.0
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self.
Cyril Connolly

"A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave." ~Mohandas Gandhi

Offline eric

« Reply #72 on: December 28, 2008, 09:47:09 PM »
Jade, I think you are a wonderful beater of dead horses.  The item you found proves at least three things:

1.  We should never feel the need to be consistent when it does not suit us.
2.   Amie is way smarter than me, John, and Gray combined.
3.  You are also nefarious, but in a good way.

(That is just a joke, Jade.  You are not nefarious at all.  You are actually perfect in every way ...)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 08:47:16 PM by eric »

Offline Jade

« Reply #73 on: December 29, 2008, 04:49:29 AM »
nefarious - extremely wicked or villainous; iniquitous

I had to look up the meaning... it hurts...  :D
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self.
Cyril Connolly

"A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave." ~Mohandas Gandhi

Offline Amie

• Esteemed Contributor
    • threegeese
« Reply #74 on: December 29, 2008, 07:26:41 AM »
(...Amie? You there? Are your ears itching?...  ;) )

I actually totally missed all this dialogue until just this moment. Thanks for all the compliments guys :)

re: the OP, I'm a bit lost now... but it looks like Jade's got things sorted out ;D
"You do not need to leave your room. Remain sitting at your table and listen. Do not even listen, simply wait, be quiet still and solitary. The world will freely offer itself to you to be unmasked, it has no choice, it will roll in ecstasy at your feet." - Kafka