Author Topic: Thanksgiving  (Read 1352 times)

Offline Marie Meyers

• Lexi 💋
    • meyermariea
Thanksgiving
« on: November 24, 2008, 02:48:53 AM »
This is a poem I made for thanksgiving. I wrote it because I got to thinking about how long it had been since I wrote a poem about something seasonal, and also because I thought it be cool to make a poem that sounded like a rap. (I was really bored...) So, without further to do...

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving,
Feel the joy of the day!
It's a celebration,
A celebaration of thanks--
For the giving of the living,
And those those lives past.

Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving,
Feel the joy; 'tis the season,
For kids to need a reason to give thanks to dads and moms.
To give thanks to dads and moms,
And tell them they're the bomb--
For everything they do.

To thank firefighters, and teachers,
The police force; the rich and the poor,
And our friends and family, of course,
For everything they do.

For everything they do,
For they, me, and you,
Feel the joy, 'tis the season,
It's the reason for the world to give thanks.

Well, that's my Thanksgiving poem. I hope you liked it--or didn't like it--and will tell me what you think if you feel the urge to do so!

XOXOReikoXOXO
💋✌🎶

Offline eric

Re: Thanksgiving
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 10:55:15 AM »
I really like the meaning you invested into this holiday, you took it beyond the normal.  I do think your verse is a little too musical, but of course you're in a cheery mood.  Certainly a start worth making.

Offline LovelyLucretia

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 11:02:15 AM »
Ha I thought this was real cute.  It shows nice appriciation of the holiday.  You should put music to it or something beucae it makes me think more of a song than anything.
Thanks for sharing the poem.
Jubal Early: Where'd she go?

Simon Tam: I can't keep track of her when she's not incorporally posessing a spaceship.  Don't look at me.

-Firefly

Offline Marie Meyers

• Lexi 💋
    • meyermariea
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 11:03:08 PM »
I really like the meaning you invested into this holiday, you took it beyond the normal.  I do think your verse is a little too musical, but of course you're in a cheery mood.  Certainly a start worth making.
Yeah...It does...I was in science class and I was really bored, and after we sang a poem to the 7th graders I decedied I wanted to write a seasonal rap. Yeah, I don't know if being bored counts as being cheery, but thanks!
💋✌🎶

Offline eric

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 05:38:32 PM »
You're doing a good job with handling words and conveying feelings.  Your sense of sounds is good.  I would like to see you start to branch out soon into different kinds of serious poems.  You have plenty of potential and I would like to see you use it.  Ask your teachers about the different kinds of poems you can try.  I hope your holiday season will be a good one.

Offline Marie Meyers

• Lexi 💋
    • meyermariea
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 02:31:51 AM »
Um, you too, Mr. Eric. Thanks alot.
💋✌🎶