Author Topic: Hi everyone  (Read 1250 times)

Offline HunnyB

• View Profile
Hi everyone
« on: November 22, 2008, 04:30:56 PM »
I just joined here on the advice of Kirsten, who is also a new member. My name is Margie and I am a 35 year old mom living in Little Rock, AR. I just went back to college this fall and took a Creative Writing course. I remembered how I loved to write and deep down, would like to pursue it in some form. I have a couple of short stories and poems that I would like feedback on. I mean, it's one thing for friends and family to tell me I have a bit of talent..... So, I will get to reading and offering some opinion and then post my own work. Very excited to be here!

Offline kirstenj_2004

• View Profile
Re: Hi everyone
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 04:37:10 PM »
So good to see you here, Margie!  As a fellow newbie, I am also excited about being part of a forum that welcomes writers of all levels and genres.  Oh, and I like you user name :-)

Offline fire-fly

• Global Moderator
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 04:40:57 PM »
Hi HunnyB and welcome to MWC.  ;D

Have a look around the boards and when you feel comfortable, dive in and enjoy.

There is a formal bit to deal with first, not much really.  ;)

We don't have many rules on here but please take the time to check out our forum etiquette guidelines:

You will also find 'stickies' at the top of each board, which should answer any questions you have about posting in the different areas.

In the Review My Work section, we do ask that you comment on a few pieces of work before posting your own. Don't be shy, everyone appreciates honest, worthwhile critique. It's a great way to get to know the other members as well and to get a feel for their work. By contributing to this board, it helps when you feel you are ready to post your work here.

Anything else you are unsure off, just ask - there is always someone willing to help.

The other Moderators are: Nick, Amie, Symphony, Carrie, Don86usa, SpChick, and Andrew.
I'm A Binge Thinker: Do It A Lot Somedays, Then Not Much At All.

Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it alive. >:D

Offline Red_Barren

• I change things because I can.
    • View Profile
    • Our Team
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 05:32:39 PM »
Hi Hunny.  I'm home! (sorry, I just couldn't resist.)

Congrats on going back to college, I know that's a hard step to take.  You have my best wishes for success, both there and here.

Oh, and turn your spell-check on.  Kirsten spells her name wrong. ;D  Anti-Virus that is free for personal, non-profit and educational use.  Continuously updated and scans on the fly without slowing down your computer. Anti-Malware that is free for personal use.

Offline Alice, a Country Gal

• Hello from Texas
    • View Profile
    • Alice's Hide Away
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 05:40:24 PM »
Hello and welcome Margie. I may be a little prejudiced, but I think this is a great site for anyone interested in writing.  I'm glad  Kirsten steered you our way.

Have fun, who knows, you might even learn a thing or two in the process, I know I have.

Alice aka C4G
MWC Charity Publications.>
The universe is made of stories, not of atoms. -Muriel Rukeyser, poet and activist (15 Dec 1913-1980)

R. L. Copple's:

I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.
-Mohandas K. Gandhi

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 02:01:16 PM »
Welcome aboard.

Offline Joe Mynhardt

• Tales from The Darkest Depths
    • View Profile
    • Joe Mynhardt
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2008, 02:32:51 PM »
Hi Margie, or should I call you HunnyB?

Welcome to the circle, and congratulations on taking that next important step.
You should be very proud of yourself.

Have an excellent week.
Founder and CEO of Crystal Lake Publishing - Tales from the Darkest Depths.
Two time Bram Stoker Award nominated editor publishing only the best in Dark Fiction. Check out Crystal Lake's books and grab two free titles by joining the newsletter.

Offline MrsTiner

• A Little Bit Of Whimsy
    • View Profile
    • The Official Online Home Of Samantha Tiner
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 10:35:00 AM »
Welcome Margie...
I'm a newbie around here as well but happy to be here all the same. I'm in Texas and enjoying getting back into the habit of writing on a regular basis and finding friends and colleagues to share the experience with.

Samantha Tiner
blog link
My Website

The Fahlin Chronicles : A Webnovel Project