Author Topic: I'm having a headache (help anyone- hoping to start on publishing)  (Read 1711 times)

thesa10

Hey guys! Do you know where I could find a publisher without spending for sign ups? From the looks of it, publishers don't waste time on unwanted (unexpected) materials.

Offline thatollie

Re: I'm having a headache (help anyone- hoping to start on publishing)
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 11:38:52 PM »
A bit more information might help. What kind of material are you writing? I'm talking about subject matter, intended audience, length, and any other information that I've missed out.
Never make a decision standing up.

thesa10

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 11:49:34 PM »
Hi, Thatollie! I was hoping to find a writing job, where I could apply imagination. Most probably, it would be fiction. Honestly, I'm having problems with balancing financial stability and career contentment. I love to write, but I also like to earn. Do you have an idea where I could satisfy both? I'm jump on publishing from web content writing. Thanks!

Offline thatollie

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 11:57:00 PM »
First things first, don't quit the day job. I learnt that the hard way, I haven't found another yet.

There's two bits of information, Fiction and Web content. Do you any ideas about genre, age group, length. What strikes your fancy?

thesa10

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 12:08:15 AM »
I'd like to focus on romance, 16-28 age group, more of a girly thing yet inspirational. I think you're right. I shouldn't quit web content writing. I've read previous posts inhere and from the looks, publishing is a hard road to take. However, I'd still take chances. Do you have an idea where I could start?

Offline thatollie

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 12:13:35 AM »
How much 16-28 Inspirational Romance are you producing? Or How much can you produce without affecting everything else? Are you going for short stories or novels or a bit of both?

Before we get into the "wheres" and "hows" and "whens" of getting it published, a polished excerpt in the "Review My Work" board would help judge what you need to learn and what you're suited to.

thesa10

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2010, 12:23:38 AM »
Oh, I see. I guess you got it right. I can't just plunge without assessing if indeed I can. Thanks!

Offline thatollie

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2010, 12:28:55 AM »
I've answered your 1 question with 5 of my own. If there's anything in my posts that raises a question, ask it. I'll try to answer (or ask more questions). Learning is fun.

thesa10

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2010, 12:45:58 AM »
Yep, I agree with you on that (learning is fun). I just noticed your profile pic, it's an anime character (cowboy bebop). I kinda like his story. Thanks a lot!