Author Topic: What Is Xunantunich?  (Read 1346 times)

Offline ZooDoc

• "War Star Rising!" tells about an END to violence.
    • zoodoc stories
What Is Xunantunich?
« on: October 28, 2008, 12:10:50 PM »
Yes, it's true.  Ever since I went to Belize for the very first time in April of 1990, and my son and I climbed to the very top of Xunantunich Temple, I have had a special place in my heart for that sacred archaeological site. 

And when my daughter Iris became ill in that same year, I was destined to write a short story for her to help her carry on despite her illness.  It was about a young Mayan peasant girl who became ill and had to travel all alone through the dangerous jungle at midnight in order to search for the mysterious cave of the Wise One, who would help Toucan Moon discern the remaining number of her days.  Indeed, Xunantunich is the fictional setting for my Mayan tale, which was originally titled Legend of Toucan Moon, but was enlarged to a novel after Iris' death in April of 1998, and that full title became known as War Star Rising! The Legend of Toucan Moon.   8)  ZD

ZooDoc, "Sculptor of Words"
"Success is a little like wrestling a gorilla. You do not quit when you're tired -You quit when the gorilla is tired." -Robert Strauss

Offline ZooDoc

• "War Star Rising!" tells about an END to violence.
    • zoodoc stories
Re: What Is Xunantunich?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 06:07:28 PM »
Also, if anyone is interested in listening in on the radio interview of ZooDoc by Janet Elaine Smith, please go to  http://www.internetvoicesradio.com/Arch-JanetESmith.htm.  I will be speaking about my book and some other fun stuff.

ZD
ZooDoc, "Sculptor of Words"
"Success is a little like wrestling a gorilla. You do not quit when you're tired -You quit when the gorilla is tired." -Robert Strauss