Author Topic: One step at a time?  (Read 691 times)

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
One step at a time?
« on: November 02, 2008, 09:24:42 AM »
Mum is moving books today.  Allegedly.

Bookmoving day comes about once a month and usually consists of packing the various accumulated piles of books on her floor into a box.  Once they are in the box the next problem is trying to find somewhere for the box.  This usually involves me adding it to one of the towering ziggarats of boxes in the spare room.  Sometimes this results in having to restructure the whole pile, if the new box is an odd size or awkward shape.

The contents of our spare room are a bit like a three dimensional version of one of those sliding tile puzzles ;-)

Today it is taking much longer than usual to move the books from the floor piles to the box.  Nearly every time I look around the door to see if the box is ready for stacking I catch her curled up under her duvet reading a book.  I don't mind.  It was her who wanted to move them.  Tomorrow would be as good a day as any.

But she gives a startled and guilty look and then comes out with what I think is a perfectly good reason...

"I am moving them...  Honest...  I'm just doing it one page at a time."

I sympathise.

Gyppo
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 10:13:27 AM by Gyppo »
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1