Author Topic: Death's Right Hand(horror)  (Read 2866 times)

Offline davidleejones13

• Just whispering to the future...
    • MoriaVaratu
Death's Right Hand(horror)
« on: October 03, 2008, 03:10:42 AM »
As the fire licked at his legs he savored the pain. He knew it was but a prelude to what he would spend the rest of eternity enduring but he considered it was worth it for he had sacrificed himself for something beautiful. He had dared to love.

His whole existence he had come to know failure. He had always been the runt of the litter and it was the cruelness of a world that considered him an outcast that drove him to make the deal that would forever rule his destiny. He recalled the fleeting sweetness of the initial revenge and cursed himself for the paltriness of the return garnered from his transaction with the Devil.

He had been ready to serve out his penance then, but he learned the cruel lesson that the Great Dark One doesn't deal in absolutes. He was to become an agent of the Grim Reaper delivering death to countless souls unable to realize the one thing his tortured spirit craved more than anything else. His own demise.

Now, as the acrid smell of burnt flesh met his nostrils, his mouth watered in anticipation for what lay ahead. His soul cried out in agony, but the gut wrenching pain was exactly what he had come to cherish. He looked upon it as the debt he owed the souls he had robbed from this world cutting short the chance of them finding redemption before moving onto the next.

The Dark One looked upon him with favor for he had won over so many that now anguished in the Under World. This growing population would soon become the strong force Lucifer would utilize to encroach upon, and take over the rule of  Heaven.

The fire had claimed his legs and the searing purification had moved to his midsection. He looked through the growing flames at the villagers who had gathered around to witness the witch burning. He smiled through his pain knowing these who gazed upon him contemptuously would soon meet their own fate at the hands of fiery justice for the innocents they had claimed in the name of their own misguided self-righteousness.

As the flames devoured his stomach they turned to the task of taking his heart. As the blood began to boil within the furiously pumping organ his thoughts turned to Tabitha. She was the purest soul he had ever encountered and the stone that was his heart became human once more upon their first meeting.

When the executioner called her out he could not help the impulse taking the blame for the accusations and sparing her life. The village elders wasted little time before tying him to the stake. Little did they know of the lives they were sparing by taking his own. But there was only one he cared about as his eyes scanned the mingling mob seeking out her beautiful face for the last time.

The flames now caressed his shoulders and neck and he clenched his teeth against the scream that began welling within his convulsing throat. He was determined not to show any pain denying these weak souls the satisfaction of him responding to his suffering.

Tabitha's form materialized in front of the crowd and he felt his heart ache. Even though he had lived upon this earth for countless eons this was his first true love. He was astonished that his venomous soul was even able to assimilate the emotion after the lifetime of darkness it was made to endure.

Now, upon seeing her being ushered to the podium next to his, the hatred and scorn that was momentarily held at bay by his brief interlude with Tabitha rushed back into his being. The executioner roughly shoved her forward causing her to stumble and the crowd erupted in laughter.

He focused all of his anger on the executioner who grinned back at him wickedly.

"I see your word," he said with a contemptuous smile as he effortless broke his  bonds, "is as weak as these ropes you have bound me with."

An uneasy hush fell upon the crowd as he stepped through the flames. As he reached the edge of the podium the onlookers gasped as burnt flesh and charred bone became whole again before their widened eyes. He looked down past his beloved and leveled his gaze at the executioner. He basked in the fear that radiated from the crowd around him and he drew strength upon it. He grasped the crucifix around his neck with one hand and raised the other pointing at the stunned executioner.

"I curse thee."

As the words floated upon the air the executioner screamed in agony as both his hands shriveled and his eyes glazed over in blindness. The man's legs broke off at the knees after they instantly rotted beneath his black robe. He slumped over writhing in anguish and choked upon maggots that suddenly filled his mouth and nostrils.

"As for the rest of you," he looked over the awestruck assembly of villagers, "the plague!"

Screams filled the air as the crowd dispersed running in every direction. He smiled as many of them stopped with hands upon knees profusely vomiting.

"That's right my children," he said beaming and arms raised palms upward towards the sky, "go forth and spread my work!"

He then looked down into the tear streaked face of his one and only love. Tabatha's beauty was even stunning in her upset state.

"And for you dearest," he said jumping down from the podium and grabbing her up, "a quick and painless death."

He kissed her trembling lips. Upon pulling away he watched the life bleed from her crying eyes. He gently laid her upon the ground.

"See you in Heaven my love."

Offline fire-fly

• Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi
Re: Death's Right Hand(horror)
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 04:33:13 AM »

No one writes romance like you oh Master of the Dark.  ;D ;D
I'm A Binge Thinker: Do It A Lot Somedays, Then Not Much At All.

Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it alive. >:D

Offline davidleejones13

• MoriaVaratu
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 09:19:50 AM »
Thank you FF.
This one was a darker shade of dark...
Fun though. Hope some of the more religious do not think I am a deviant...
That is not the case I assure you! ;D

Offline Andrewf

• SciFi and Fantasy are my genre of choice.
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 09:43:39 AM »
A grand way with the words of the dark there Mr Lee ;D ;D
"If it can't be expressed in figures, it is not science; it is opinion." - L. Long.

Tales from the Circle - A charitable read. http://www.lulu.com/shop/search.ep?contributorId=1146002
Ask about eBook versions if required.

Offline davidleejones13

• MoriaVaratu
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 02:20:57 AM »
Thanks Mr. Baking Genius....
I thank you for your SUGAR coated comment.
I am ready for a great big ol cake...I have less than two months before my BDay so I expect someth ing GRAND! ;D

Offline fire-fly

• Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 02:24:01 AM »
Ahhh we best be getting the date for that event please sir, the Thingy will be rockin that night.  ;) ;D
I'm A Binge Thinker: Do It A Lot Somedays, Then Not Much At All.

Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it alive. >:D

Offline Alice, a Country Gal

• http://www.writestreet.com/writestree
  • Hello from Texas
    • Alice's Hide Away
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008, 10:10:20 AM »
David, you've created a darkly compelling read. Good twist at the end - I didn't expect him to take her life but he did so with an unexpected gentleness.

MWC Charity Publications.
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight>
The universe is made of stories, not of atoms. -Muriel Rukeyser, poet and activist (15 Dec 1913-1980)

R. L. Copple's: http://www.rlcopple.com/

I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.
-Mohandas K. Gandhi

Offline davidleejones13

• MoriaVaratu
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2008, 05:29:59 PM »
Thanks Country4Gal,
This was one I was really worried about going over well. I am glad you found it entertaining...
I appreciate you reading.

Lee

Offline Kate B

• An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2008, 03:12:22 PM »
Well written and compelling. A nice twist at the end, very dark and dare i say it...sexy.

;)
http://coffeewithkate.wordpress.com or find me on Twitter @coffeewithkate

Offline davidleejones13

• MoriaVaratu
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2008, 11:55:54 PM »
Thanks Mrsboardman,
I am glad you found it so compelling. This one I was a bit worried about offending some of the more "devine minded" people, but when you consider the POV it comes from, you are seeing it through this character's eyes. That makes it tainted with his ambitions, thoughts and emotions...

I appreciate the nice comment, this is the first time any of my work has been called 'sexy'  ;D

Offline Christopher Silva

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2008, 05:17:38 AM »
Keep it up and you"ll start having a coven worshiping you....

Ooooh, that could be nasty in a good sort of way!

Chris

Offline ma100

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I don't need kinky boots, nothing will beat me.
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2008, 09:15:16 AM »
You evil, twisted, horror monger you. :o
Okay Ma back on flippin' sleepless nights. ;D
Well done Lee
Ma :)

Offline davidleejones13

• MoriaVaratu
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2008, 11:14:52 AM »
Hey Chris!
Great to see you.
A Coven eh? Only if it were the Coven beauty pageants source for contestants! ::)

Ma,
Hey I stay up all night writing them, I do not know why you shouldnt stay up all night reading them! ;D Thank you for calling me twisted and evil...in this context I have to consider it a compliment! ;)

I look back on this past year and I realize that you two were my first friends here.
Thank y'all for being such good and supportive companions...

Lee