Author Topic: Writting A Book...and this seems crazy.  (Read 1064 times)

Offline ToBigOfADream

Writting A Book...and this seems crazy.
« on: September 06, 2008, 03:11:47 AM »
Okay, I need everyone to take me seriously on this. 
It has always been my dream to become a writter, ever since i was younge people said I would go far with writting.  I'm fourteen, and my aunt is a writter, and me and my friends wrote a book about...the Jonas Brothers.  It has amazing twists, and very ironic I must add. It starts out saying we think they are the most immature people on this planet, and one of us, secretly love them.  So, she enters us in a contest, and we end up winning.  Than the others in the story, make fun of them, and say that we are never going to go.  And the Introduction explains what happens at the end, toward the end that is, and than in chapter one it starts from the begining. I will give you what a part in the Introduction.  Please, tel me the truth.  I want to know if i should give up, because I do not want to make a fool of myself, I know i am only 14.  I know this dream is big, very, very big.  But I will do anything to make this reality.  You have no idea, how much I want this. Anyway, here is a small part of it;

“Where…where am I?” I struggle to say, but nothing came out of my mouth.  I open one of my eyes, and I see my dear friend holding my hand.  He looks upset; I try to ask him what is wrong, but again.  Nothing came out.  I feel like I am on some plane, I cannot hear; everything is fading.  I suddenly feel like I am flying in the air fast, very fast. I hear people shouting, and people flashing lights in my eyes.  My friend starts to hold, and squeeze my hand even tighter, I turn my head, and jolt. I think, I think, I am in a helicopter.  I am flying up in the air.  I feel some mask go on my face.  I start to breathe, but than.  I stopped, I cannot feel anything anymore, I don’t know if I am breathing.  “HURRY!” I finally heard my friend scream. 
I began to hear my friend cry and try to keep me awake, I want to fall asleep.  I hear him say “Your Living your dream, don’t end it here” and I try to make a smile, and squeeze his hand, like he did to me, and I opened both my eyes, and go the strength to say “Thank you” I see he had some hope put in him, when I said this.  I than begin to try to say “What Happened” but all that came out was “what…”  I hear him say some words, but could not make some of them out, I hear “Driving, Car, Islands, accident, truck”

please...Do not be too hard on me  :'(

mudashine

Re: Writting A Book...and this seems crazy.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 06:17:19 AM »
Hello TOBIGOFADREAM, don't mind me if i do not got ur username right ok. if i got u right u're 14years old and u think of becoming an author BIGTIME. no matter how crazy you might call it, with the little piece of yours i just read it only required of u to put more effort with the believe that GRATE THINGS STARTS SMALL. just keep it up and u got to believe me and in yourself. thanks MAN

StrayDog

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 08:45:32 AM »
TBOAD: Welcome aboard. That dream of yours is the same one I had at 14, and I've learnt a few things that may be able to help.
1] Read as much as you can.
2] Write as often as you can.
3] Stick around these boards, there's a boatload of knowledgeable people here.
4] Have fun or it won't be worth the trouble.

See ya around.

Offline Cathy C

• Procrastination is the thief of time.
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 10:37:17 AM »
Hi, TBOAD and welcome to MWC on behalf of all the Moderators.

I want to know if i should give up, because I do not want to make a fool of myself, I know i am only 14.  I know this dream is big, very, very big.  But I will do anything to make this reality.  You have no idea, how much I want this.

First off, no, you should not give up. I can tell how much you love writing and you should stick at it.

Your piece, however, should be posted in the Review My Work board - I think you will receive more comments there.

We don't have many rules on here but please take the time to check out our forum etiquette guidelines (click this link:
http://www.mywriterscircle.com/index.php?topic=7415.0)

There are also 'stickies' at the top of each board, which should answer any questions you have about posting in the different areas.

With regards to the Review My Work section, we do ask that you comment on a few pieces of work before posting your own. Don't be shy. It's a great way to get to know the other members and their work. (And it really helps when it comes time for your work to be reviewed. )

Anything else you are unsure off, just ask - there is always someone willing to help.

Cathy C   
Novel: Where There’s Smoke. Published by Fireborn publishing http://amzn.to/2tZKNCn

Short Story: A Killer Week Published by Bridge House http://amzn.to/2rhLVAX

Offline HBEgley

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 10:16:42 AM »
Welcome.  Don't let age become an issue.  Everyone starts somewhere.  Remember to keep it fun since that's where your best work will come from.

It's inspiring to see young people take in interest in something so pure.  You are your parents legacy.  I couldn't imagine them standing in your way.  I'm sure when you need assistance they'll be there for you.

You'll find a lot of great information and inspiration here. I wish you the greatest success.

Harry

Offline thatLous

• formerly ThatLouie ;)
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 10:41:37 AM »
You know- you make me smile :) First of all, I'm glad that you joined MWC. Like what Ollie said, people here have amazing knowledge about lots of things, and they're all very easy to get along with, too, so please don't hesitate in joining in on our fun or in one of our serious threads (mostly in the Reviews section :))- but don't worry. The reviewers don't bite.

Second of all, who here never had any big dreams? It doesn't matter if you're too young or too old, what matters is that you chase these dreams with a net and lots of tranquilizer darts. In fact, your attitude is the reason why I'm smiling right now...

But reality is always behind every big dream. The road through it is going to be rocky and hard. Keep your determination in you and you'll find yourself through it someday. There'll be rejections, learning, relearning, and critiques... be ready, never falter, never give up, and keep writing! :)

Louie
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 08:00:08 AM by ThatLouie »