Author Topic: Hello from me  (Read 4809 times)

Offline Wigglyworm

Hello from me
« on: December 17, 2005, 04:57:56 AM »
Hello,

As you can see I'm a bit of a happy person, happy that is to find this site.  It will please Nick to hear that it was recommended to me by a writer friend.

* Why Wigglyworm?

Hmm... I've been Worm for many years now.  It dates back to the early days of chat rooms and I discovered I could log in as two separate identities, Wigglyworm and Worm's alter ego, Sigglysnail had a great double act.  I stuck with Worm because Worm was the nicer of the two characters.

* How long have I been writing?

Ever since I could, I can't remember when exactly, I do remember writing a story and winning a prize at Junior school (7-11 year old).

* What do I write?

I've written all kinds of stories and the occasional poem.  My favourite stories tend to be for children from the age of I'd say 9 years.  It's not a design, it's simply that's how I think when I write.

* Have I published? 

No, though I do want to.  I've entered a couple of competitions, I do find it hard to write only the prescribed number of words.  I've several ideas for books, I always do.  One is ongoing at the moment, one is archived and will be finished.  The latter I had an agent interested in, things happened in my life, not good things, and for a couple of years I lost the ability to write fiction.  I'm back on track now and happily writing away.

* What do I want from this site?

To learn through others, get some geniune feedback on my writing.  Why it's bad or (hopefully) why it's good.

* My promise to you

I will read your articles regularly and when you would like feedback I will do so in a happy and constructive manner.

Happy writing everyone,
Worm.

If you can't be a sun, don't be a cloud.

Offline Wigglyworm

Re: Hello from me
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2005, 05:16:30 AM »
I'll be back soon, I have a feeling this is going to be a great place.  It's certainly laid out well.

Worm.

Offline Nick

• Nick Daws
  • Retired from running MWC but still writing!
    • Entrepreneur Writer
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2005, 06:21:23 AM »
Hi Wigglyworm

Many thanks for your interesting postings, and your kind comments about Mywriterscircle.com.

It's early days, but I'm full of optimism for the site, especially knowing that people with a positive, 'can do' outlook such as yourself have signed up.

Just a thought, but why not post a sample of your work on the relevant board for others to read and comment on? Who knows, maybe an agent or publisher will see it and want to buy it as well!

Nick GM
Check out my writing blog at www.entrepreneurwriter.net. I also have a new UK personal finance blog called Pounds and Sense.

Offline FDHolmes

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2005, 07:35:05 PM »
Hello,

As you can see I'm a bit of a happy person, happy that is to find this site.  It will please Nick to hear that it was recommended to me by a writer friend.

* Why Wigglyworm?

Hmm... I've been Worm for many years now.  It dates back to the early days of chat rooms and I discovered I could log in as two separate identities, Wigglyworm and Worm's alter ego, Sigglysnail had a great double act.  I stuck with Worm because Worm was the nicer of the two characters.

* How long have I been writing?

Ever since I could, I can't remember when exactly, I do remember writing a story and winning a prize at Junior school (7-11 year old).

* What do I write?

I've written all kinds of stories and the occasional poem.  My favourite stories tend to be for children from the age of I'd say 9 years.  It's not a design, it's simply that's how I think when I write.

* Have I published? 

No, though I do want to.  I've entered a couple of competitions, I do find it hard to write only the prescribed number of words.  I've several ideas for books, I always do.  One is ongoing at the moment, one is archived and will be finished.  The latter I had an agent interested in, things happened in my life, not good things, and for a couple of years I lost the ability to write fiction.  I'm back on track now and happily writing away.

* What do I want from this site?

To learn through others, get some geniune feedback on my writing.  Why it's bad or (hopefully) why it's good.

* My promise to you

I will read your articles regularly and when you would like feedback I will do so in a happy and constructive manner.

Happy writing everyone,
Worm.

Gosh Worm, I had no idea I was addressing an author, albeit an unpublished author, in my reply to your reply to my original Well, Hey! post. I'd have tried to suppress my subtlety. He he.

I'm delighted to get to see that great bio.

I'm sure your Wigglyworm persona writes well too (or as well, if you will). I am reminded of the famous writing twins, Frank and Earnest. :D

Looking forward to our association, oh thou soon to be published author!

Fred

Offline Wigglyworm

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2005, 04:11:17 AM »
Hi Fred,

How I feel you're building me up so you can knock me down!

I'm going to start calling you Julius.

Worm.

Oh, why the repeating the post you reply to? it's a bit frustating for those of us with slow connections...

Offline Glat

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2005, 04:27:09 AM »
Hi Wigglyworm,

My heart is racing with anticipation at the arrival of the slightly-less-nice Sigglysnail. Does he swear? I would love to learn some French profanities. ;D

I think that I can echo your promise.

Looking forward to reading some stuff.

Glat