Poll

How do you say goodbye to a part of your life

How do you say thanks
0 (0%)
How do you grieve
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Saying Goodbye  (Read 4981 times)

Offline ma100

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I don't need kinky boots, nothing will beat me.
Re: Saying Goodbye
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2008, 09:27:20 PM »
Dede you know my thoughts are with you stay strong honey.
Cherish the moments.
with love
Ma

Offline Wisewoman

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2008, 12:00:08 PM »
Death is a part of life. Poetry is a wonderful way to grieve. I see you celebrated his life also a wonderful way to grieve.  Just don't rush it. It takes time. Continue to pour your words out. My prayers are with you. I buried my mom and my dad, and sang at both their funerals. Be comforted, you'll hug him in heaven.

Offline dedelite

• Write for yourself, even if no one reads you.
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2008, 04:45:37 PM »
To all my dear friends,
Thank you for all your kind and sincere words. When we are grown up our parents change in our lives. For a few blessed people they become friends and give help to advise us along our way. My father is a man that worked hard and loves harder.
Now he is bedfast. He has lost at least 30 pounds. He only eats occasionally, small amounts. I hold his head and cradle it to give him water and fluids.  His renal and liver failure are taking their triumphs and he is nothing like the man I always knew. We turn him every two hours and bathe and clean him lovingly.
He doesn't talk anymore but I see understanding in his eyes when I talk to him. And I do talk to him. I tell him I love him every time I touch him. He has the bluest beautiful eyes. Sometimes he sees straightway to my soul. Other times they are in another place and I cannot come with him there.
My mom and I are doing all that we can do. She is so strong. There are times that I break down and rail at the fates and God. But she always calms me with telling me that God has a plan and we are a part of that plan and each plays a part. Although we don't understand the pain and suffering there is a greater plan in progress and we see from only one position. Very smart lady and the strongest woman I have ever met. She admits to crying sometimes but always alone and says that God heals her broken heart as she weeps.
I stay up late with him at night only to watch him breathing and remembering the scenes of my childhood and adult life when he has always been there. When I do sleep I pray that he rests and if that means eternal rest then I give him to God.
There are times that we pray for miracles and times we pray for mercy.
I will try to keep you updated because you have all been so kind and I feel that I am not on this lonely journey by myself but am walking with all of you.
Thank you,
dedelite