Author Topic: Agent Responses  (Read 19240 times)

Offline Swampfox one

• Old Warriors donít die; They play with cats
    • View Profile
Re: Agent Responses
« Reply #135 on: September 26, 2008, 05:26:19 PM »
Eric,
I was under the impression that MWC is a forum for would-be writers to help other would-be writers by sharing their experiences and opinions.  That is all I was trying to do with my earlier comments and I hope they were helpful to you.
JH

Offline Bru

• View Profile
    • http://www.brunazanelli.com
« Reply #136 on: September 26, 2008, 05:49:23 PM »
JH,
are the storylines the same?   
'if there's a friend who ever needs me,
I'll try to help somehow'
http://www.brunazanelli.com

Offline eric

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 26, 2008, 06:33:40 PM »
I never disagreed with you, JH, and that last post was supportive, so I hope you don't take it amiss.  I had a side note with Wolfe that I thought you might find interesting.  I was only saying to you that I did not actually advise you one way or another, would not presume to do that, was just suggesting to Wolfe he might revise his advice to you.  Which he did. 

My experience is that MWC is a forum for all writers whatever their level of expertise, although I do not quite see what that has to do with this question.  In what I said to Wolfe, I was indirectly giving you advice, but was not so presumptuous as to do so directly.  Have a nice day good fellow.

Interesting that a Hollywood movie would come out with the same title as a book you published.  You cannot copyright a title?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 06:40:49 PM by eric »

Offline Swampfox one

• Old Warriors donít die; They play with cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 26, 2008, 08:59:43 PM »
Bru,
I haven't seen the movie, TAKEN, but I gather from what I have seen that the main concept is similar - the kidnapping of a girl and her father's effort to rescue her - however, that isn't a new plot by a long shot, so the differences will lie in the telling of the story, the other characters and sub-plots and the resolution.
JH