Author Topic: All experience-level writers wanted for anthology!  (Read 7898 times)

tesela

All experience-level writers wanted for anthology!
« on: April 10, 2006, 07:43:51 PM »
Hello To All Who Have Come To Read:

I am putting together an anthology of poetry and short stories, and I am hoping on getting some work from first-time authors. I can't promise any pay, but I'm hoping that if I get enough quality work we can sell this book for great compensation. I am more focused on getting people who want to write for the sake of writing or getting published, gaining exposure and being admired for their work. I have a potential publisher in line if I can gather enough people to contribute. For more details contact me at my e-mail below.

Thank you,

Taylor Nisonger

neverlandisneverfar@hotmail.com

P.S This is my favorite one( :o )

Offline Lynneth1310

Re: All experience-level writers wanted for anthology!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 07:24:39 AM »
Hi!

Is this vanity publishing?

tesela

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 06:15:32 PM »
No,no...just publishing...

;D

Offline octopusouphut

• My Writing Web Site
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 06:56:07 PM »
Just a few questions:

1.) What kind of stories are you looking for?  Length wise and subject matter wise.

2.) I'm thinking of putting out my own collection of short stories in a year or so...if I submit something to your anthology would I then be unable to publish it in my own collection?

Thanks  ;D

--Octopus
The louder you yell, the less they'll listen.

deathblackfox

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2006, 10:10:20 PM »
Just a few questions:

1.) What kind of stories are you looking for?  Length wise and subject matter wise.

2.) I'm thinking of putting out my own collection of short stories in a year or so...if I submit something to your anthology would I then be unable to publish it in my own collection?

Thanks 

--Octopus

I too have the same questions and one more. Do I have to live in the same region as you or can I be somewhere else to send this to you? Oh yeah and one more thing, does spelling and grammar have to be exact? I stink at punctuation marks.

Offline Kathy52

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2006, 11:58:34 AM »
I'm very interested. Someone has already asked about length and type of story. How do you want the stories submitted? How many are you willing to take from one writer?
Thanks

sjreed56

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2006, 12:07:33 PM »
Do you have a web site, or any identifiable information we can go to?

Offline mccpcorn

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2006, 06:25:36 PM »
I also express an interest, apart from questions asked on kind of story, I'm interested in genre type?

Offline AngelStardust

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2006, 01:30:49 PM »
I would certainly like to know more.
Not left, nor right, but straight on

Offline tigger

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2006, 10:10:09 AM »
My daughter was just published on a virtual display created from an anthology of works put together by the International Museum of Women in California. In the end, the Creators had women representing 85 countries in the work, including the Queen of Jordan and other famous women. If you are at all interested in checking it out, this is the link to the virtual display: "www.imow.org".

My daughter's piece is found at

"http://imaginingourselves.imow.org/pb/Story.aspx?id=216&lang=1&g=0".

Once you've looked at this, would you be kind enough to let me know, is your project intended with a particular theme? Or will you be creating categories once you receive proposals that will better equip you to make a decision as to what sort of anthology it will be?

Sounds like a good idea... I've seen the "Imagining Ourselves" Project completed by IMOW grow from an idea to a remarkable Anthology of Women's Work. Hopefully, your efforts will be equally rewarded! (In case anyone is wondering, the project took 4 years to complete from proposals becoming a major publication.)(The finished project is called, "Imagining Ourselves" the book.

:);)

Offline medman

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2006, 08:53:24 AM »
Hi Tesela

I would be interested, subject to know more please. I have the same questions as the other members

Regards
John

DwWin

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2006, 03:15:11 AM »
Sounds interesting. I would like to see your answers to the questions asked so far but the concept is good.

Offline Kathy52

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2006, 11:50:56 AM »
I am interested, but need the same answers. How will we get together on this? Please email info!
Kathy52

Lin

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2006, 04:52:58 PM »
May I suggest on this topic if you dont get a reply you send Tesela a personal message or e-mail

Lin

tesela

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2006, 08:55:04 PM »
Hey you guys!!!

I am SO SORRY! I didn't mean to ignore you guys. It wasn't personal. I just hadn't been recieving e-mails on my main e-mail. My assistant signed me up under a different e-mail. I wrote the ad, but I didn't want the notices to go to that e-mail. Please forgive me. Here's your answers to the questions, and I apologize deeply; in no way did I try to insult you.

What is the word count?
15,000 and under

What is the genre?
POTPOURRI!!! I WANT ANY AND EVERY LITTLE THING YOU THINK READERS NEED TO SEE!!!

Do I have to live in the same region as you or can I be somewhere else to send this to you?
No. Absolutely not. I find that ridiculous.

Does spelling and grammar have to be exact? I stink at punctuation marks.
No. It'll be going through me before it goes to another editor.

How do you want the stories submitted?
Through e-mail, preferably copy+paste.

How many are you willing to take from one writer?
Up to ten

Do you have a web site, or any identifiable information we can go to?
I don't think so. I'm not a huge name. But my name is Taylor Nisonger and I wrote "Sitting on the Ceiling", a dark erotic novel about vampires.

How will we get together on this?
Through the internet, and then each writer and I will sign a contract with the publisher I had in mind.

P.S We are going to try TOP Publishing...just so you know.