Author Topic: Literal Agent  (Read 1300 times)

Offline Smithy

Literal Agent
« on: April 10, 2006, 12:10:50 PM »
When you are sending your novil to a literal agent, does it have to be punctually perfect? or is it a literal agent that soughts it all out for you, ie: They fix all your grammer and punctuation, plus the way you have written sentences, and your storys plot and charactors etc.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 12:48:02 PM by Skip Slocum »

Offline Symphony

• Put the kettle on
Re: LITERAL AGENT
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 12:20:48 PM »
Smithy - if there's a single spelling error in your cover letter to the agent or publisher, it's doubtful they will bother even glancing at your manuscript. Basically, if you can't write a short letter without checking spellings and punctuation, then they're not really going to be interested in your writing.

Agents' editors are not there to proofread your drafts for you. If you're stuck, you have to pay for a professional editor before it ever goes to an agent or publisher. In-house editors are there to check stories for inconsistencies, style issues, perhaps issues of language usage. They're not proofreaders, I'm afraid. Your cover letter and your complete manuscript should be as perfect as you can get it before it leaves home.

Symphony

Offline Smithy

Re: LITERAL AGENT
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 04:55:57 AM »
Thanks Symphony, that answered my question. Ok so a proof reader, were can i find one? and do you know what kind of price they charge?