Author Topic: Perspiration required  (Read 3735 times)

Offline itsmehere

Perspiration required
« on: January 12, 2006, 08:03:07 AM »
Can anyone let me know the secret of getting the thing written? I have just started another attempt on my book but after a few days the urge seems to go and I find myself thinking new ideas/stories.

There must be a simple remedy?

SuzieHarris

Re: Perspiration required
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 08:07:20 AM »
Well,

If you haven't already, buy Nicks 'Write Any Book in 28 Days or Less' course. I worked for me, i'm on book number 6 now!

Suzie

Offline chillies

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 08:16:03 AM »
Speaking for myself, writing is the hardest thing. I find it much easier to think up ideas, plot lines etc... rather than actually getting down to the nitty gritty of writing the damn thing itself. But if I do come across another idea whilst writing - something that I feel I  can encompass into an article or short story for example - I jump at it. I think it is healthy to chop and change; it makes you refreshed and ready to give your original work another go. You know what they say: a change is as good as a rest.
Good luck with your writing

chillies

Jayel

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 07:59:30 PM »
Writers seem to work from all approaches.  I work from rough outlines, but many just sit down and write it as it comes.  When those new ideas pop up - instead of wandering away from the current manuscript, I just make notes of the new ideas in a journal.  That way they are there later, ready for a new story start.  Sometimes those stray ideas end up fitting nicely into the current manuscript later in the story too.

I think it just takes practice and setting goals for yourself (liike Nick's 'Write Any Book in 28 Days') can really help keep you motivated.