Author Topic: So Barack Obama clinched it...  (Read 36899 times)

Offline bobby digital

• The present is a gift
Re: So Barack Obama clinched it...
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2008, 03:50:29 PM »
I've never been one for conspiracy theories but if you scratch the surface, you'll see that this Fox news thing gets a little deeper...

Ever heard of Rupert Murdoch? Well in short he's a billionaire whose portfolio includes Twentieth Century Fox Studio, Fox Network, 35 other TV stations, and 175 newspapers to name a few. However, the most important thing about him (to me) is that when it comes to politics, he's far-right partisan ...

Google his name and you'll find countless reports/articles accusing Murdoch of using his media empire to pull politics to the far right. And besides that, from his own admission he is a close friend of the Bush family and a staunt republican supporter.

And his association with Bush is where it gets sinister...

During the 2000 U.S general election between Bush and Al Gore, Murdoch employed John Ellis (who is G. Bush's 1st cousin) as a political consultant. In short the race was tight and it was common knowledge that the presidency would be won and lost in Florida...

On election night John Ellis/Fox News called the state of Florida for Bush early!  Knowing that other media corps would follow suit because they (the media) wouldn't want to lose their audiences/viewers to a rival networks whose reports were more 'up to date.' Regardless of the fact that Al Gore did in fact win the state of Florida!!!

Now how crazy is that? Forget the fact that Fox News is pushing a Far right agenda with R Murdoch at the helm. We're talking about stealing an election in broad daylight.

Note: I forgot to mention that the discrepancy ::)  went unchallenged because G Bush's brother was governor of Florida at the time.

In truth this is news to me. I wasn't aware this had happened because I never payed much attention to 'the news' until 9/11. When I was like "Osama Bin who?" and "Al Qieda what?" And was even more  ??? when I found out that the Bush's and Laden's family actually did billions in business together...

As to what this means for Obama? Well I'm not really sure. I'm an optimist but the above makes me cynical. Forget the republicans dude is up against an establishment/machine that stands to lose big if he is elected...

And this establishment clearly doesn't play fair!

"Strive for what you believe in."

Offline bobby digital

• The present is a gift
« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2008, 04:24:31 PM »
I called Obama dude.

lol

Offline nightowl

« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2008, 05:07:42 PM »
What a mess we are in.  There has never been a time that I have failed to vote, although several times I saw no really good candidate to vote for. 

But this election has so totally discouraged me.  I will vote.  I believe it is my duty and I cannot pass for the simple reason that it took far too long for women to get the vote in the US. 

But that said, I'll hold my nose when I do it.  And worse yet, I've come to believe that my vote actually counts for nothing. 

As for Rupert Murdoch, you sure connected some dots, bobby.  Discouraging to say the least.  Not long ago there was talk that he was close to adding the Wall Street Journal to his stable of media outlets.  What happened?  He didn't get it, did he?  If he did, I missed it.   
As writers, we are all on the same path--some of us taking first steps, others well along on the road.  Those who write because they must are obliged to step over those who abandon their dreams because the way is rocky and steep.

Offline bobby digital

• The present is a gift
« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2008, 08:21:17 AM »
I'm afraid he did.

The Dow Jones had a price tag of $5 billion. But I guess when you're worth 88, 5 billion must seem kinda cheap?

As for joining the dots, the election steal was well reported/documented. And from what I understand, once they calculated Florida's electoral votes they brought it to the senate and supreme court's attention but both institutions simply let it slide ::)

?       

Offline McWawa

« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2008, 03:38:03 PM »
There was to be publication of the Florida recount, and start of an investigation in the first weeks of september 2001.The Washington Post and the New York times were to publish their calculations  of a recount yet due to certain events in the week prior they decided to rally behind the president instead. And thus the events of september 11 got the president and same party off the hook, the Florida votes and the election steal never to be raised again.
Interesting aspect of the internet is the ease with which one can retrieve and read the publications of the day, and who actually said and wrote what back then.
"Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?",
Axel Oxenstierna

Offline bobby digital

• The present is a gift
« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2008, 01:24:06 PM »
Conspiracy theory 0.2  ::)

I haven't seen any weakness in Obama's campaign. And besides that the popular (American) belief/pools suggest that he'll be elected in November. To me, John Mccain Just doesn't seem to inspire.

Untill 'war/conflict' is mentioned...

With Iran showing off their missile capabilities to the world recently. The rhetoric of the Bush government seems far to similar to the speeches before Iraq? We've all heard that "Decommission or face the consequences" line before and that country's 'weapons of mass destruction' was limited to ak47's and a bunch of hand grenades. Yet we still invaded...

I think that in order to change the debate from policies/strategies and America itself, the republicans may just go to 'war.' Because that's the only time Mccain's words (seem to) carry any clout. And his campaign is able to portray Obama as the weaker candidate.' 

bobby

« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 05:15:07 PM by bobby digital »

Offline Ninny

• Writer of wrongs!!
« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2008, 01:59:34 PM »
Not wishing to be trivial, but Obama rocks!!

Tuh!!  And all we've got is stinky Brown!! :-[  And no-one ever voted for him in the 1st place!!  You guys get all the cool stuff!! :'(

Seriously, I heard his speech the other day and was blown away by it!!  This man is set to be a legend!!

*is green with envy* :(

Offline bobby digital

• The present is a gift
« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2008, 05:14:40 PM »
^^^

I'm British too and yup, Obama does rock  ;)

Offline Ninny

• Writer of wrongs!!
« Reply #68 on: July 20, 2008, 05:34:08 PM »
^^^^^^See??

We're all jealous over here!!  Swapsies?? ::)

Offline Don

• Murder & mayhem for fun and profit.
« Reply #69 on: July 20, 2008, 07:29:00 PM »
We're all jealous over here!!  Swapsies??

Sure, why not?  All politicians are interchangable, nationalities notwithstanding.
I have a motto: when in doubt, go for the cheap laugh.

Offline Ninny

• Writer of wrongs!!
« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2008, 01:52:02 AM »
Sure, why not?  All politicians are interchangable, nationalities notwithstanding

Hooray!! ;D  Cheers Don!  Wow..Now we've got Obama as our Prime Minister,  and our American cousins have Gordon Brown as potentially their next president!   (I'd try to keep him hidden if I were you, he's very embarrassing andcringe worthy!!)  Yurky  :P

Wow! Obama!  Cool 8)

midnightcandle

« Reply #71 on: July 22, 2008, 03:24:29 AM »
Anybody rocks while they don't have the post. Once they get in and have to do the job ...
... There hasn't been too many who have left the office as great men.

Gordon Brown ... against forum rules but ... TWAT! I hope you can here me in Gloucester you twat. LOSER LOSER LOSER.

As long as we have a labour giovernment in this country that is the same as a tory government then people are going to start giving BNP a foothold. And who wants that?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 04:03:50 AM by midnightcandle »

midnightcandle

« Reply #72 on: July 22, 2008, 03:54:27 AM »
I'm sorry if the last post seemed offensive to anyone but I am really angry with the way this country is treated >:( If anyone wants me to delete the above message just tell me and I will :)

Offline bobby digital

• The present is a gift
« Reply #73 on: July 29, 2008, 04:13:42 PM »
I have a question for our American members...

What's the deal with fox news???

I've seen a few fox news clips on youtube and to me, 99% of there coverage is degrading and laced with negative connations. For instance, they referred to Michelle Obama as "Obama's baby momma" and joked live on air that someone should "knock off Obama." Yet they refuse to say anything negative about McCain.

Are they funded by the Republican party? Because I'm not sure how they get away with it... While I'm aware of the constitutional right to "freedom of speech" Fox seems on the verge of sending out a daily state sponsored message/view/commentary...

And oddly enough, continuous state sponsored messages/spin is something I (we all) have come to expect from countries and states ruled by dictators/regimes...

Not in the "land of the free!"

Slightly confused  ::)

bobby

Since posting the above I have seen and heard some vile things from the Fox news network. To many to mention here, but the most recent was when they likened Obama to Hitler during their main evening broadcast...

But whereas we could only speculate before about fox being a propaganda machine. Ex White House Secretary "Scott McClellan" confirmed it yesterday.

Fox news busted (by msnbc): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-OpIXfXKO8&feature=related

Isn't this an illegal practice?

Offline bobby digital

• The present is a gift
« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2008, 02:49:28 PM »
This vid is doing the rounds via email...

I thought I'd post it for the rocky fans among us. And for those that'd like a 5 min comedic round up of the election race so far (we tried not to laugh to hard while at work.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fNgA5xLxao&eurl

bobby