Author Topic: Book reviews wanted:D get free books and get paid.  (Read 8230 times)

Offline Audri

Book reviews wanted:D get free books and get paid.
« on: May 27, 2008, 09:04:28 AM »
Sit and Read, Canada's only romance and general fiction review magazine is seeking book reviewers in the genres of Romances and all subgenres such as Paranormal, Vampire, Pirates, Erotica, Contemporary Romance, Fantasy, Western,  Mystery, Science Fiction and non fiction electronic ebooks and paperbacks.
No experience necessary.
If accepted you'll be offered a one year book reviewer contract.
6 months professional book reviewer certification course. (this is a free course offered exclusively by Sit and Read.)
Free ebooks, paperbacks and hardcover books and more.
  Our first printed issue will be released in Nov 2008, and our online ezine in Oct 2008. Contact me through this message for further information.

Offline Prinko

Re: Book reviews wanted:D get free books and get paid.
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 10:21:35 AM »
Audri

I would like more info this please.

thanks

Prinko

Offline JMJ

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 02:16:27 PM »
I'm very interested in this. Please let me know more.

Offline hanyx

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 04:30:45 PM »
yes please, i think this is very interesting

more information please
contact me:

hany_haggag@hotmail.com

Offline gypsywriter

• life is a journey, not a destination
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 05:28:25 AM »
Yes I would be interested in more information about this offer. You can email me at:

gypsywriter1010@yahoo.com

Offline Cathy C

• Procrastination is the thief of time.
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 06:53:46 AM »
Quick note to members:

It's not always wise to put your email address on the open forum. Spammers are everywhere, so beware.

Much better to use the PM option for this type of information.
Novel: Where There’s Smoke. Published by Fireborn publishing http://amzn.to/2tZKNCn

Short Story: A Killer Week Published by Bridge House http://amzn.to/2rhLVAX

Offline Nick

• Nick Daws
  • Retired from running MWC but still writing!
    • Entrepreneur Writer
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 08:25:42 AM »
I'd just like to endorse Cathy's advice. We strongly recommend that members do NOT post their email addresses on the forum.

In any event, when replying to a request for writers such as this, it is much better to send a PM (personal message) to the person concerned.

You can do this (when you are logged on) by clicking on the speech bubble icon on the left of the screen under the member's ID. A form will then appear in which you can enter your message. The message will then be sent to that member via the forum and they will also (unless they have opted out of this) receive it by email.

This is really a much better way to contact an individual member. It's worth noting that some publishers join MWC simply to post details of a vacancy and never return. In this case, your expression of interest on the forum will never be seen by them. It's much better to send them a PM, therefore.

Hope this helps!

Nick  :)
Check out my writing blog at www.entrepreneurwriter.net. I also have a new UK personal finance blog called Pounds and Sense.

Offline Wurdsmyth

• A sparkly little optimist in a dark, dark world
    • Miranda's website
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008, 09:14:40 AM »
I have to say, I sent a PM for this the day the post appeared and so far have heard nothing back...

Beware the ominous silences... :(
Need a dash of optimism or just a good read? Visit my blog at www.coffeeandroses.blogspot.com
I also have a swanky writing website - oh yes - and you're all invited! Pop over to www.miranda-dickinson.com
GREAT CHRISTMAS PRESSIE: My new novel, A Parcel for Anna Browne, is out now (PanMacmillan) :)

Offline pri2des

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2008, 07:41:56 AM »
I am very interested in reviewing books, this is my genre too.

Send me more info.

Offline Lilkimiko

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2008, 06:20:13 AM »
 :D  I would love to be a reviewer for this genre. Please, please, please send more information.

Offline Nick

• Nick Daws
    • Entrepreneur Writer
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2008, 07:25:30 AM »
Please see my comment above: http://www.mywriterscircle.com/index.php?topic=14840.msg186447#msg186447

It is quite likely that, having posted her initial message, Audri has never returned to MWC to see any replies posted in this thread.

It is much better to send her a PM via the forum (although note Wurdsmyth's comments above).

« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 08:53:40 AM by Nick »
Check out my writing blog at www.entrepreneurwriter.net. I also have a new UK personal finance blog called Pounds and Sense.

Offline Big T

• Cheers, enjoy your day!
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2008, 11:11:48 AM »
I've just done a websearch on sit and read ... nothingly remotely resembling a Canadian magazine came up... maybe I didn't go deep enough ... but Ding Ding ... bells were ringing!
Big T  :o

Offline Nick

• Nick Daws
    • Entrepreneur Writer
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2008, 04:10:50 PM »
The magazine has a MySpace page at this URL: http://www.myspace.com/sitandreadmagazine

It's not especially informative though.

Offline fingertips

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2008, 04:49:04 AM »
 I would like some more information...please.

Fingertips

Offline Wurdsmyth

• A sparkly little optimist in a dark, dark world
    • Miranda's website
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2008, 10:49:39 AM »
This is starting to feel like a lot of the jobs I've applied for recently which turn out to be nothing more than bait dangled by recruitment companies in order to get names on their books (who subsequently disappear off the face of the planet once they've got your name...)

Having just endured 5 months of this, it's incredibly frustrating. Big T has a point -  ALWAYS do a Google search to see what you can find about these 'opportunities'... There are too many people willing to prey on trusting, genuine people like the MWC-ers in order to further their own interests. (Boo...) ;)
Need a dash of optimism or just a good read? Visit my blog at www.coffeeandroses.blogspot.com
I also have a swanky writing website - oh yes - and you're all invited! Pop over to www.miranda-dickinson.com
GREAT CHRISTMAS PRESSIE: My new novel, A Parcel for Anna Browne, is out now (PanMacmillan) :)