Author Topic: Writer for hypnosis scripts  (Read 5357 times)

Offline Nick

• Nick Daws
  • Global Moderator
  • Retired from running MWC but still writing!
    • View Profile
    • Entrepreneur Writer
Writer for hypnosis scripts
« on: January 12, 2006, 06:08:40 AM »
Here's a job I was offered but had to turn down due to other commitments. The company concerned has agreed that it should be posted on this forum. They wish to remain anonymous, so if you're interested please apply to me in the first instance. Use the forum's private messaging system if you wish, or you can email me.

The company is looking for someone to write a series of 265 hypnosis scripts, of around two pages each. So that's approximately 550 pages of writing in total, for someone with the time and commitment. The job will attract a straight payment, which is negotiable (but will be realistic). The individual appointed will need relevant experience and be able to begin straight away, aiming for drip-fed delivery and completion within around seven weeks.

As mentioned, if you are interested in this opportunity, please contact me in the first instance with details of your relevant experience/background.

Many thanks,

Nick GM
Check out my writing blog at www.entrepreneurwriter.net. I also have a new UK personal finance blog called Pounds and Sense.

Offline Nick

• Nick Daws
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Entrepreneur Writer
Re: Writer for hypnosis scripts
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 12:55:28 PM »
Thanks to everyone who has contacted me about this. I have forwarded details of all applicants to the company concerned, and they will get in touch with anyone they feel may be suitable for this vacancy.

No further applications are required for the moment.

Thanks - Nick GM
Check out my writing blog at www.entrepreneurwriter.net. I also have a new UK personal finance blog called Pounds and Sense.

Offline Writer13

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 08:56:26 PM »
Hi, Nick,
   Just joined the Circle. I'm interested in more info on the Hypnosis Scripts, as I have extensive experience as a counselor/therapist and have written my own relaxation scripts in the past.
  Please advise me of the availability of this project, the area of focus (i.e., smoking cessation, weight loss, etc.), and the country of use. (I am a speaker of American English....don't have the same idioms as a British or Australian speaker.)

Thanks,
Rebecca

Offline Nick

• Nick Daws
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Entrepreneur Writer
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 04:03:48 AM »
Hi Rebecca

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for your interest in this opportunity.

The company has actually appointed someone now, so there isn't a vacancy at the present time. However, I have forwarded your details to them in case they need any more writers in the future.

As I understand it, the scripts will cover pretty much the entire range of areas for which hypnosis can be helpful, including those you mention. They will be distributed via the net to a world-wide audience, so American English (preferably without too many US-specific idioms) will be fine.

Hope that helps!

Nick GM

Offline pynkye

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2006, 10:57:29 PM »
As someone who has led group meditations for trance/hypnosis, perhaps I may have both the skill set and the mindset those wishing to be ghosted as hypnotists seek.  Here's a brief sample of a meditation suitable for basic relaxation.

Be comfortable in your chair now.  If you need to move your arm or adjust your leg just a little, do it now.  Good.  Now close your eyes and take a deep, cleansing breath...hold...and let it go.  One more, breathe...hold...and exhale.  And again, breathe...hold... and exhale.  We're going to take a little trip to the beach, all right?  it is a warm, sunny day and you are walking across the most beautiful beach in the world, to your comfortable chair under a generous umbrella.  You sit down in your chair, lean back, and feel the day warming you.  The air is perfect, balmy; the sun is shining gently.  It is so lovely and warm and fresh.  So warm and relaxing.  You take a deep, deep breath, hold it just a moment, then let it go.  You take another deep, deep breath,m hold it just a moment and let it go.  And you feel yourself relaxing.  Feel your feet beginning to relax?  Your feet are warming and relaxing, your toes are relaxing, so warm, so good.  And now you feel the arches of your feet becoming warm and relaxed, so warm, so good.  And you feel your heels becoming warm and comfortable, ahhh, your whole foot is warm and comfortable, both feet warm and comfortable.  And you feel so good, so relaxed.  And now your calves are warming and relaxing, so comfortable, so relaxed, so good.  You feel so good, so warm, so safe.  Your knees...Etc.
The other type of little trip I am used to leading is a story designed to help solve some kind of issue.  After using the lead in above, something like this will assist with sleeplessness:

Keep your physical eyes closed, and open your inner eyes.  Look around.  You are in a wonderful crystal room with a high domed ceiling.  You feel completely relaxed and safe here.  Soft sounds, so soft you almost cannot hear them, play around you.  Sweet music that gradually, gradually, gradually becomes easier to hear.  It sounds like angels chanting, doesn't it?  So sweet.  What is it they saying?  What is it they are singing?  "We love you.  We love you."  What a lovely thing to hear!  You think, "I'm so glad you love me; I love you too."  You look around the room to find them, but you don't see anyone there but yourself.  In fact, the room is bare except for a large table on a dais in the middle of the room.  You feel drawn to it, so you walk toward it.  As you approach, you see it's really a bed, draped in soft white blankets and piled high with lovely, white pillows.   There are steps leading up and somehow you know you are supposed to  ascend them, supposed to climb up onto the bed and stretch out on the soft, soft white blankets, rest your head on the soft, white pillows. Etc.

If this is the type of thing that is needed, I will be happy to take the job.  Certainly, the true authors will have ideas about what they want the stories and meditations to contain.  As their ghost, I will certainly listen to those requirements.  Please let me know if there is any interest.

Jacline Michaels

Offline pynkye

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2006, 11:06:46 PM »
Hi again-
 I am new to this type of forum and didn't realize there were answering posts below - now above.  So I didn't see this is a fete accompli, as it were, a party already given.  Oh well.  Next time.  Meanwhile, apologies for coming after the other guests had already left.

Jacline

Offline Nick

• Nick Daws
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Entrepreneur Writer
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2006, 03:46:43 AM »
Don't worry, Jacline. As you say, this particular vacancy has now been filled, but who knows, maybe someone will see your sample script here and get in touch offering you work! Anyway, don't let it put you off.

All the best,

Nick GM