Author Topic: Make money asking and answering questions  (Read 2656 times)

Offline Nick

• Nick Daws
  • Retired from running MWC but still writing!
    • Entrepreneur Writer
Make money asking and answering questions
« on: April 04, 2006, 12:16:30 PM »
I discovered this one by clicking on one of the small Adsense adverts that appear at the foot of every page on the forum...

Helium Knowledge (www.heliumknowledge.com) is a website that will pay you for asking and answering questions. Every time someone reads your answer, you get paid a small amount, which presumably comes out of the site's AdSense advertising income.

Subjects cover anything from gardening tips and recipes to favorite restaurants and investment advice. They show you the highest paying categories (typically subjects such as insurance and real estate) to help you decide which questions to answer. Once you've placed an answer, your answer is rated against others - the better the answer, the higher up the page your answer will be and the greater the chance of it being read. A lot of the answers are very short, so it shouldn't be too difficult to get rated highly for a comprehensive response. You're never going to get rich from a site like this, but with a bit of work you can earn a few dollars a day, and this should increase steadily as you add more questions and answers.

Nick  :)
Check out my writing blog at www.entrepreneurwriter.net. I also have a new UK personal finance blog called Pounds and Sense.

Offline oldcactuswren

Re: Make money asking and answering questions
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 12:10:35 PM »
This is a time consuming site but an interesting one.  If you answer a question that many have already answered, you have many answers to rate.  I haven't quite got the hang of how they pay, but I'm up to a whopping $1.27 after two days.  I only answered 6 questions though. 

Offline Nick

• Nick Daws
  • Retired from running MWC but still writing!
    • Entrepreneur Writer
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 04:02:42 PM »
Well done! You'll soon have earned enough for a Hershey bar  ;)

Seriously, I'm glad to hear someone is giving this a go. Do keep us posted on how you get on!

Nick   :)
Check out my writing blog at www.entrepreneurwriter.net. I also have a new UK personal finance blog called Pounds and Sense.

Offline The Matelot

• PATAGOMÁNIA
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2006, 10:48:47 AM »
I´ve already answered two Qs and posted one. . . nothing yet.

It is a wee bit time consuming, just something you can leave in the
background and do when you have a few minutes spare.

tam
I like talking to a brick wall, it's the only thing in the world that never contradicts me - Oscar Wilde

Offline oldcactuswren

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 06:41:47 PM »
Here's my report on helium.com.  After five days and many hours, I'm only up to $2.59. It's kind of fun, but many of the answers miss the point entirely and the writing is frequently atrocious.  Many of the writers may be people for whom English is a second language. I applaud them for trying.  I'm not sure if I'll pursue it long enough to make the $50 necessary for my first payment.
If you go there. please click on Ann Howard's answers for me.  We'll see if that helps.  ;)