Author Topic: A thought provoking question  (Read 2479 times)

Poshpaws

A thought provoking question
« on: April 03, 2006, 01:05:07 AM »
I wish not to intrude or offend anyone; this thought provokes me though to ask this. How many of you suffer from depression?  This has been the bane of many writers I understand, both living and deceased.  What one could not express or divulge with the spoken word, many took solace from their writngs.

One remembers so little of the spoken word; much is etched forever with the written word. To write endorses one's being for all time, yes?

Talk is cheap and fleeting, whilst books may make one weep with hearts forever beating. Ok enough; getting into my poetic mode here.   ::)

Lin

Re: A thought provoking question
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 04:06:27 AM »
Yes I have mentioned this a few times and we all seem to write to get something out of our system, maybe its a depression but on the other hand I personally had a story which had been going around my head for years, nothing to do with me personally although there are some of my life's experiences in there otherwise I couldnt have written with such authority, but I think people write for all kinds of reasons and yes if we cant self indulge now and again we arent being human.

I think it was Caedmon who claimed he had messages from God who gave him instructions to write many of the hymns we all sing at church even to this day.   So wherever our messages come from and for whatever reason we do it and its very satisfying.

Lin

sjreed56

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 10:39:09 AM »
You’ll see in the poems written on “Review my Work”  and depression is a topic of discussion. (i.e. Good Poetry Defined, Why do you write?, The Prison of My Mind,  As Lin said, it’s not just depressing, but am opportunity for much emotional and energetic release.  ~ Sherry

Offline Saphía

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2006, 12:47:50 PM »
Sometimes i feel i write to get things out of my system (maybe things which i would not be able to say out loud or to others)
but then again a lot of my poems are writen just simply from thoughts, while pondering (as i do) about strange things.
I find that writing relaxes me and I also like finding out what others think of my work.
I suppose it depends on the person  ???
Saphía x