Author Topic: What are you doing/eating/drinking right now?  (Read 4768 times)

Offline CallForCries

What are you doing/eating/drinking right now?
« on: March 28, 2008, 07:04:49 AM »
I'm eating a Mars Bar, drinking Pineapple Juice from a water bottle (one with a red cap) and doing a psychology essay on evoloutionary factors in the devolopment of human intelligence.

How about you?

xx

Offline Wurdsmyth

• A sparkly little optimist in a dark, dark world
    • Miranda's website
Re: What are you doing/eating/drinking right now?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 09:51:40 AM »
I'm on my lunchbreak from work (trying to do something other than thinking about election literature for an hour!) - looking at job sites and there's NOTHING out there booo (anyone need a Copywriter with over 7 years experience?!) ; eating a Muller Lite yoghurt (pretending it's calorific and failing!); and drinking a lovely mug of Clipper decaff coffee from my Mickey Mouse mug that makes me smile because I got it for 50p!

:)
Need a dash of optimism or just a good read? Visit my blog at www.coffeeandroses.blogspot.com
I also have a swanky writing website - oh yes - and you're all invited! Pop over to www.miranda-dickinson.com
GREAT CHRISTMAS PRESSIE: My new novel, A Parcel for Anna Browne, is out now (PanMacmillan) :)

Offline thatollie

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 12:41:01 PM »
I'm wearing a bathrobe and drinking a cup of coffee, and working on my novel.
Never make a decision standing up.

Offline SarahC

• a pic that actually looks like me
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 02:11:00 PM »
Just finished eating baked salmon and smiley potato faces.  I'm debating whether to have a coffee or a lime and soda or a ginger and soda... decisions, decisions!!

Offline Andrewf

• SciFi and Fantasy are my genre of choice.
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 04:38:20 PM »
Reading MWC...
Eating Ginger Nuts...  (Hmmm ginger nuts...  :P)
Drinking Diet Pepsi...  (i prefer the flavour of the diet stuff)

"If it can't be expressed in figures, it is not science; it is opinion." - L. Long.

Tales from the Circle - A charitable read. http://www.lulu.com/shop/search.ep?contributorId=1146002
Ask about eBook versions if required.

Offline CarrieSheppard

• All it took was a visit to AZ...
    • My blog pages
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 06:53:47 PM »
lying in bed in my PJs, laptop on MWC, drinking tea.  Had the gingernuts before I brushed my teeth.

This also follows two halves of Aspalls cider (mmmm) at the pub.  Before that for supper I had one plain tortilla wrap with some melted camembert.

Oh what an exciting life I lead (mind you, did sing two songs at the pub and depressed the heck out of everyone!).

Carrie

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008, 07:34:07 PM »
Catching up after my enforced break from MWC, listenng to an old tape of the Eagles, which has just ended and is going to replaced with Fairport Convention, and sorting through a huge box of emails.  And feeling rather pleased with myself for having fitted a new PSU without buggering anything up.

Gyppo
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

midnightcandle

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2008, 08:26:53 PM »
sitting here addicted to mwc just finishing a lager. Going to open another one and realise I have 4 hours to to go before work ;D

Offline McWawa

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2008, 08:36:18 PM »
euro coffee.
The cheapest instant coffee in euroland ! Only because the label doesn't say nescafe, or is that nestlécafe, but the product inside is most probably the same.
"Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?",
Axel Oxenstierna

Offline Solitaire

• Monocerotis
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2008, 08:07:41 AM »
Alas, poor Yelnick

I am drinking some fresh-ground Peruvian organic coffee at the moment.  Trying to find a vignette from my work in progress to post for review. 

Solitaire

Offline Talisman

• June Austin
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2008, 08:20:45 AM »
I am sipping a glass of water and just browsing the net looking for inspiration while I wait for the oven to warm up. 
I used to be an aetheist until I realised I was God
www.juneaustin.co.uk
http://juneaustin.blogspot.com/
http://conversationswithpod.blogspot.com/ - helping POD authors publicise their work

Offline charlie

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2008, 03:06:28 PM »
Drinking nettle tea and eating flapjack even though I'm realy not hungry. tut tut.

Charlie. x

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2008, 03:14:35 PM »
How would you describe nettle tea?  Just curious.  I've tried bramble tea out in the wilds, but never nettle.  I wasn't too impressed with bramble tea, I found it a bit too bland.  Maybe I'll try it again some day but make it stronger than the sample were were given.  The instructor was trying to make a one man dose sere nearly a dozen people.

Gyppo

PS.  Hunger and flapjacks don't necessarily have to be connected ;-)
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Offline charlie

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2008, 03:40:18 PM »
PS.  Hunger and flapjacks don't necessarily have to be connected ;-)
lol. I know that but as I'm getting older my waist line is starting to protest.

Nettle tea I don't know what to comepare it with. Spinich? It is very thirst quenching more satisfying than tastey.

I recomend fresh not dry fused for at least five minutes. you have to get past the smell though it tastes much better than it smells.

I use my nettles from the garden a good reason not do to much weeding.

"No, there not weeds I'm growing them."

I've never tried bramble tea may be I should, I can stop doing battle with them as well then.

I recomend nettle and potatoe soup as well if you are planing on gathering some.

Sorry to go off subject. Have finished flap jack and am trying to ignore a box of Heroes I had for easter. Oh damn.

Charlie. x

Offline Andrewf

• SciFi and Fantasy are my genre of choice.
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2008, 05:32:55 PM »
Trying to write and read  MWC at the same time...  not as easy as it sounds...

Munching on one of the chocolate cupcakes i made  Mmmmm   ;D

Slurping on a 18 year-old Glenfiddich malt   :P

Andrew
"If it can't be expressed in figures, it is not science; it is opinion." - L. Long.

Tales from the Circle - A charitable read. http://www.lulu.com/shop/search.ep?contributorId=1146002
Ask about eBook versions if required.