Author Topic: Copy editor needed.  (Read 1126 times)

Offline Ken100

• The Devil and Edward Teach - Out now.
    • Ken Preston
Copy editor needed.
« on: March 20, 2008, 04:33:22 PM »
Hello everyone,

I am appealing for help. Does anyone know of a reputable copy editor that they have used and been pleased with?
I am looking for someone to go over my manuscript The Devil and Edward Teach. It is a pirate novel with elements of the supernatural.
I need a copy editor to look for continuity errors, typos, grammar, etc.
Obvioulsy I'm willing to pay professional rates, but I'm also looking for someone who charges reasonable rates per hour.
The last copy editor I used charged 15 per hour.
He was very thorough, but I did find some typos after he had finished with it (which I corrected) and there are still a couple more I have found in the printed book! I don't know if I am being unreasonable in expecting all errors to be found, but I thought I might try someone else for my new book.
Any ideas?

Cheers,
Ken :)
Let me format your book for Kindle. 20% Discount for MWC Members.
http://www.mywriterscircle.com/index.php/topic,44874.new.html#new

Follow me on Twitter; @kenpreston100<br /><br />
http://www.kenpreston.co.uk

Offline Sin

• Complex Femme
Re: Copy editor needed.
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 03:49:14 PM »
Hi Ken :)

Speaking as one who has editing experience - for a few small publishers - I'd guess that you shouldn't expect the manuscript to be perfect when using an independent editor. That should be stuff you work on as well as the editor for your publisher.

I'd offer to help but as you're in the UK I don't know the ins and outs of publishing over there.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Kasey
How do crazy people get through the woods? They take the psychopath!!!
Book Addicts Anonymous

Offline SweetRosalyn

Re: Copy editor needed.
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 04:23:46 PM »
I'd be happy to do it for you at a rate of 10 an hour.  E-mail me at rosefenge@googlemail.com if you're interested.  I'm freelance and just starting out, hence the lower rate, but I'll do a professional job for you.  I have a 2.1 (hons) in English and Creative Writing, and I've edited novels before. 
Please enter Poetry Challenge #142 by midnight GMT Tuesday 13th September
Theme: stark. Must be 20 lines or less and use at least two senses (taste, touch, smell, etc.) Thanks :3