Author Topic: Your opinion - please  (Read 1602 times)

Offline Big T

• Cheers, enjoy your day!
Your opinion - please
« on: March 22, 2008, 12:30:03 AM »
Please take a look at the attached.
I am not seeking comment on the content ... it's the concept of the way it is laid out ... for the reader. Would the idea of presenting an original against a revision work from a publishing POV?

Big T  :o

PaulW

Re: Your opinion - please
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 04:50:05 AM »
Honestly T? I hated it. Not the content, but the revision against the original. With each poem you're offering me a set of images, thoughts, whatever - one clear picture. I don't want to know the process you went through to get there, (unlike in the workshop here), I just want the clarity of that image, doing this muddies it.

If it was a technical 'how to write poetry' book it would be an entirely different matter and this would be useful. As it stands it's confusing and makes it look like padding. I suppose you could use the analogy of different mixes of a record and there is some validity to that. I don't think it works though.

Offline Big T

• Cheers, enjoy your day!
Re: Your opinion - please
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 08:43:43 PM »
Honestly T? I hated it. Not the content, but the revision against the original. With each poem you're offering me a set of images, thoughts, whatever - one clear picture. I don't want to know the process you went through to get there, (unlike in the workshop here), I just want the clarity of that image, doing this muddies it.

If it was a technical 'how to write poetry' book it would be an entirely different matter and this would be useful. As it stands it's confusing and makes it look like padding. I suppose you could use the analogy of different mixes of a record and there is some validity to that. I don't think it works though.

This is exactly the sort of feedback I was looking for. Thanks Paul.

Sorry Big T, I have microsoft works, but could not open it?
Domenic

Dom, it's a word document ... not sure why you can't open  ???  But my thanks for trying. Maybe after reading Paul's comment you should be thankful!  ;)
Big T  :o