Author Topic: Submission Question  (Read 1094 times)

Offline streatham

• dawn
Submission Question
« on: May 03, 2008, 04:52:53 AM »
I have had two articles accepted by a magazine, and the editor has asked for me to confirm that they have not been "presented" to any other titles.  One of them has not been presented anywhere else, but the other was sent to a different magazine and then withdrawn after about 6 weeks, when I didn't hear anything.  So neither piece is under consideration elsewhere (I don't do simulataneous submissions), but is it OK to say that, or are they expecting me to tell them about the other magazine I sent the piece to first?

Any help appreciated.  I am always grateful for the support and encouragement I receive from this site.

Dawn

Offline Nick

• Nick Daws
  • Retired from running MWC but still writing!
    • Entrepreneur Writer
Re: Submission Question
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 05:22:21 AM »
Personally I wouldn't say anything about this. If the article was sent somewhere else but you then withdrew it, I don't think it's relevant now.

I would probably say to them, 'I confirm that the article is not under consideration anywhere else at the present time'.  That's true, and it's likely to be the only thing they are concerned about. I really can't see why they would want to know the article's previous submission history, but if they do, they can always get back to you.

Hope that helps!

Nick  :)
Check out my writing blog at www.entrepreneurwriter.net. I also have a new UK personal finance blog called Pounds and Sense.

Offline streatham

• dawn
Re: Submission Question
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 06:48:24 PM »
thanks for the reply Nick.  I have followed your advice and hope that will be all that is required.

Dawn