The Coffee Shop > The Coffee Shop

What are you reading?

(1/509) > >>

SteveJ:
'The Last Testament of Oscar Wilde' by Peter Ackroyd.
Magnificent book. Wilde's matchless speech/writing is mimicked perfectly by Ackroyd. The book looks back on Oscar's rise and fall, during his last days in exile. It's wonderfully touching, and possesses all the beauty of nostalgia and the poignancy of regret.

Omni:
Kurt Vonnegut's Breakfast of Champions. Loving it.

ellie:
Love Oscar Wilde Steve..I have a book of his quotes which I bought at Trinity College Dublin.
Ive always got a few books on the go.Ive recently been reading H.G.Wells books and read about 4, Im now on 'The Invisible Man'..good read.
Im also reading 'The Jesus Dynasty'  by American professor James D Tabor,a biblical archaeologist and its a fascinating read..of Jesus the man,his family & followers with all the history of that time.
Im also reading a book on the Druid phylosophy,which is interesting..did you know that our Archbishop of Canterbury is a cultural Druid?

SteveJ:
Oscar was just...unique. Obviously, many people have read his more famous sayings, but I'm certain there's no-one else in the history of the world who, when asked how one should arrange Japanese fans, would reply: 'Why arrange them at all? Why not let them occur?'   ;D

Talisman:
Have finished 3 books during my week long sojourn on Lundy -

Random Acts of Heroic Love by Danny Scheinmann
The last Town on Earth - Thomas mullen
The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version