Author Topic: What do you do when you write?  (Read 18871 times)

Offline Don

• Murder & mayhem for fun and profit.
Re: What do you do when you write?
« Reply #135 on: January 26, 2008, 04:33:22 PM »
I stroke my asp (with my left hand) whilst typing with my right,till it falls asleep - in a D cup,its favourite place

What made your right hand fall asleep and why is a D cup its favorite place?  My left hand's favorite place is a D cup, but that's because I'm a southpaw.

But wait, there's more.  ;-)  It swam with me and actually lead me right back to our boat.

Manatees are so cool...especially the left-handed ones.  Good story, Tim
I have a motto: when in doubt, go for the cheap laugh.

Offline cleopatra

« Reply #136 on: January 26, 2008, 06:05:08 PM »
What made your right hand fall asleep and why is a D cup its favorite place?  My left hand's favorite place is a D cup, but that's because I'm a southpaw.

Don babes,Its my Asp that falls asleep ;D(I have to stroke it every night to calm it..)
and why did the mention of 'southpaw' send a little frisson through me....? 8)

dormez bien monsieur :-*

Offline pamela07

« Reply #137 on: March 14, 2008, 01:26:28 AM »
I haven't written anything yet, but I know when I do, I am going to have to be in complete silence. This is the only way I can do anything that uses my brain in thought. Whether it's reading, writing a letter to someone, or even posting on this site, I always need complete silence.  Don't always get it, but it will be very close to it. ;)  This is why I know I am going to have to find time to write when there is no one at home, which is going to be a task.  But I'll figure it out.  Silence is what I do when I write.

Thanks
Pam

Offline thatollie

« Reply #138 on: March 14, 2008, 12:40:38 PM »
I haven't written anything yet, but I know when I do, I am going to have to be in complete silence. This is the only way I can do anything that uses my brain in thought. Whether it's reading, writing a letter to someone, or even posting on this site, I always need complete silence.  Don't always get it, but it will be very close to it. Wink  This is why I know I am going to have to find time to write when there is no one at home, which is going to be a task.  But I'll figure it out.  Silence is what I do when I write

You think that writers use their brains. Poor misguided Pamela.
Never make a decision standing up.

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
« Reply #139 on: March 14, 2008, 04:04:37 PM »
I think you need to expand on that cryptic comment, thatollie ;-)
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Offline Red_Barren

• I change things because I can.
    • Our Team
« Reply #140 on: March 14, 2008, 08:17:12 PM »
This is why I know I am going to have to find time to write when there is no one at home, which is going to be a task.  But I'll figure it out.  Silence is what I do when I write.

I know what you mean.  I used to need near silence to be able to concentrate on what I'm writing.  Any disturbance and I'd lose my train of thought.  I've since learned to block most distractions out, but that's not always possible.  If that happens, I can lose an idea forever.

Have you tried wearing earmuffs or ear plugs that would lessen background noise?  That might help you get into your "writing zone". 

But if you do that, post pics.  :)
http://www.cloudantivirus.com  Anti-Virus that is free for personal, non-profit and educational use.  Continuously updated and scans on the fly without slowing down your computer.

http://www.malwarebytes.com Anti-Malware that is free for personal use.

Offline thatollie

« Reply #141 on: March 15, 2008, 02:43:14 AM »
I think you need to expand on that cryptic comment, thatollie ;-)
No I don't, remember the unicycle-backflip comment.
Never make a decision standing up.

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
« Reply #142 on: March 15, 2008, 06:58:51 AM »
Good point ;-)
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1