Author Topic: Quotes that make you stop  (Read 304730 times)

Offline thatollie

Re: Quotes that make you stop
« Reply #1185 on: November 16, 2014, 02:36:47 AM »
"the people who truly deface our neighborhoods are the companies that scrawl giant slogans across buildings and buses trying to make us feel inadequate unless we buy their stuff....
any advertisement in public space that gives you no choice whether you see it or not is yours, it belongs to you ,, its yours to take, rearrange and re use.Asking for permission is like asking to keep a rock someone just threw at your head..”
- Banksy
Never make a decision standing up.

Offline BlackisTheNewWhite

« Reply #1186 on: November 22, 2014, 01:04:51 AM »
"A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous."

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
« Reply #1187 on: December 27, 2014, 04:41:23 PM »
“Lucky Beauty. Her beast was a man in beast trappings. Far scarier is a beast in the trappings of a man.”
 ― Jane Nickerson, Strands of Bronze and Gold
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Offline gillwiles

• gillsbooktree
« Reply #1188 on: January 01, 2015, 08:55:32 AM »
I have found that a good place to find quotes is on FaceBook, people are always putting quotes on there.  I think one of my favourite quotes though was by David O McKay, he said "No Other Success Can Compensate for Failure in the Home".

Offline Laura H

« Reply #1189 on: January 01, 2015, 10:24:45 AM »
“Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?”

― L.M. Montgomery from Anne of Green Gables

A good quote for a new year  ;)
“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” ― Maya Angelou

“Don't be like the rest of them, darling.” ― Eudora Welty

Offline thatollie

« Reply #1190 on: January 07, 2015, 04:22:03 PM »
"Courage is more exhilarating than fear and in the long run it is easier. We do not have to become heroes overnight. Just a step at a time, meeting each thing that comes up, seeing it is not as dreadful as it appeared, discovering we have the strength to stare it down."
- Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline Mark H

• Middleclass Machismo now available.
« Reply #1191 on: February 21, 2015, 10:41:39 AM »
I will come and drag you out of whatever hole you are cowering in and the Duke of Norfolk will bite your bollocks off.
Buy Bristle Side Down, The Man Who Wore Brown Shoes and Middleclass Machismo here:
http://www.lulu.com/shop/search.ep?contributorId=570142

If poetry is not your thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PueM04F0Qz8 or: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0Zm8cj9MGg

Offline thatollie

« Reply #1192 on: February 26, 2015, 11:12:12 AM »
"We're all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness and call it love."
- Robert Fulghum

Offline thatollie

« Reply #1193 on: March 22, 2015, 05:25:51 PM »
"There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand the world. There is no such thing as a dumb question."
- Carl Sagan

Offline DGSquared

• May the farce be with you.
    • Station Shorts
« Reply #1194 on: May 13, 2015, 04:25:35 AM »
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see."

~Mark Twain

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

A child’s life is like a piece of paper on which every passerby leaves a mark. -Chinese proverb

Blondesplosion! ~Deb

Offline Laura H

« Reply #1195 on: May 13, 2015, 10:05:45 PM »
"Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete. If you’re alive, it isn’t."

Lauren Becall
“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” ― Maya Angelou

“Don't be like the rest of them, darling.” ― Eudora Welty

Offline clmarvin

« Reply #1196 on: May 17, 2015, 12:17:01 PM »
"You must not let your life run in the ordinary way; do something that nobody else has done, something that will dazzle the world. Show that God's creative principle works in you."   Paramahansa Yoganada

Offline Mrs N

« Reply #1197 on: May 17, 2015, 12:25:21 PM »
To achieve great things two things are needed: A plan and not quite enough time.

Leonard Bernstein

Offline thatollie

« Reply #1198 on: May 17, 2015, 05:12:16 PM »
"One of my friends is always going on about how future generations will laugh at our often hesitant, hand-wringing approach towards revolutionary technology. Of course, future generations will be swimming in our shit, so they'll have to find humor where they can. "

- Tim Howard

Offline clmarvin

« Reply #1199 on: May 17, 2015, 06:01:47 PM »
I have found that a good place to find quotes is on FaceBook, people are always putting quotes on there.  I think one of my favourite quotes though was by David O McKay, he said "No Other Success Can Compensate for Failure in the Home".

I love that.